Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 12:22 AM

Default 2-4 KK

UB full ring

folded to me in MP3 I Raise KK ... CO 3ball ... folded to me I cap.

CO is a little loose and not super aggressive (nor a big pre flop raiser ... 24/3/1.0)

FLOP is low and rainbow ... 874

I bet, he raises, i 3bet, he calls

TURN .. Q

??

pretty much I felt this was the 'best' card in the deck for me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I pretty much just wanted to check and fold ... (the only thing I beat is JJ)
Old 01-19-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: 2-4 KK

If you check, he's liable to bet JJ. I would call down. The pot is already fairly large.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:39 AM

more or less I'm:

bet folding ... or check calling
Old 01-19-2007, 12:58 AM

I think there's a reasonable chance this guy's hand is as weak as AK or maybe even AQ. I don't think AA-JJ are the only explanations for the flop raise.

I'd want to show down KK so that part of me says call down turn and river.

But I think there is still a good chance you have the best hand and that you can win it for one bet here. Plus betting is marginally cheaper than calling down, since you're right to fold to a raise. But his flop call makes me think he'll fold. If he calls, then check/call river.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
more or less I'm:

[/ QUOTE ]

More or less? What are your other options? Check/fold? So, more or less you're taking one of two of the three possible options? Hmm, that leaves bet/raise and bet/call out in the cold a bit, doesn't it?

Seriously, this isn't a very interesting hand. If you want to generate some traffic, give us something to talk about...maybe some hand ranges? Otherwise, you're WA/WB...you're losing to AA/QQ, you're beating JJ/TT, and you're pushing with the other KK. Check/call the turn, bet/fold the river.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
more or less I'm:

[/ QUOTE ]

More or less? What are your other options? Check/fold? So, more or less you're taking one of two of the three possible options? Hmm, that leaves bet/raise and bet/call out in the cold a bit, doesn't it?

Seriously, this isn't a very interesting hand. If you want to generate some traffic, give us something to talk about...maybe some hand ranges? Otherwise, you're WA/WB...you're losing to AA/QQ, you're beating JJ/TT, and you're pushing with the other KK. Check/call the turn, bet/fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

already stated the range ... I said I'm only beating JJ (so ... AA-JJ)... AK is a no - I don't think it's likely he raises me with AK pre flop then raise the flop after I cap.

more or less means --> I would have liked to either b/f or call down ... in the hand I bet and called down.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
more or less I'm:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

boz,

I've been drinking, but you for get teho old c/r! I'm to sexy for this hand, this hand, this hand, too sexy in this land!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:55 AM

wtf how can you consider folding this
Old 01-19-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been drinking, but you for get teho old c/r! I'm to sexy for this hand, this hand, this hand, too sexy in this land!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't forget, Wook, I just figured that was out of the question as the OP stated he wanted to check and fold the turn.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
more or less I'm:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why bet/fold the river?

I can see that you might want to make sure you get a bet in on the river in case you are ahead, but I'm thinking he's going to bet the river the majority of the time anyway and I'd like to see what he has instead of folding to the raise. By check/calling, you also eliminate the small risk that he'd raise with a worse hand or bluff.

If you are going to fold the river to a raise, why not just bet/fold the turn and get it over with.