Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Epassporte is the only funding option.....

still working at Pokerstars. You can load from MC/Visa but don't know if you'll be able to either load or withdraw to or from your bank account, which if the case besides having ridiculously exoribtant fees it also will be worthless as a means to get the money. There is no reason to believe that Epassporte wiil do EFT's if nobody else does, however, one can alwys hope. BTW, Powerball is over $200 million for tomorrow's drawing might be EV+ to pick up some tickets.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Epassporte is the only funding option.....

Definately.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:10 PM

OK, some clarification on Epassporte.

You can load from either a bank account or credit card. With credit cards, your funds are immediately available. With your bank, it takes 7 business days for funds to be available.

The $5 per $100 fee is for inital load and any eventual reloads from your bank account or CC. There is no fee assessed when you cash out from a poker site back to Epassporte. Wish it didn't have the fee, but if you are a winning player, it should only be a one time initial start up expense for the account.

Epassporte does not charge for EFT cash outs back to your checking account. If you want to cashout at ATM's, their Electron card is available for $35 per year. You load it from your regular account, and Epass charges $2 per ATM withdrawal.

As for whether Epassporte will continue to have EFT's available, they have one thing in their favor that Neteller never had. They are a prepaid Visa debit card, and marketed as such. In addition to personal accounts, they offer business acounts, gift cards, etc. It seems unlikely ACH's will start blocking EFT's to prepaid Visa card companies, as there are a large number of them, and prepaid cards are popular.

And no, I don't work for Epassporte. All the above info is on their site, available to anyone who will take the time and make the effort to do some thorough research.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:22 PM

Malo -

Thank you.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:23 PM

Thanks for the info Malo, doesn't look as bad as I had first thought, I take it they do not charge fees to load your debit card like Neteller did?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The $5 per $100 fee is for inital load and any eventual reloads from your bank account or CC. There is no fee assessed when you cash out from a poker site back to Epassporte. Wish it didn't have the fee, but if you are a winning player, it should only be a one time initial start up expense for the account.

Epassporte does not charge for EFT cash outs back to your checking account. If you want to cashout at ATM's, their Electron card is available for $35 per year. You load it from your regular account, and Epass charges $2 per ATM withdrawal.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I saw on their site, they charge $2 per withdrawal to a bank, period...and they have a 1K max on account balance meaning it's a $2/1000 fee. In addition, although it's hard to read, it sure looks like a poker site cashout is a 'load' of the account. Did I miss something?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:46 PM

When I was using Epassporte, there was never a fee assessed when moving money back to them from a poker site.

I never cashed out back to my checking account--that option has only been available a couple months. It is certainly possible they could charge $2 per cashout. If that is the case, would make sense to minimize cashouts, and take them in larger sums.

In my experience, their email support was lousy, but phone support good. Here is the number: 1-877-372-7790 (1-877-EPASS90)
Old 01-18-2007, 07:56 PM

Aside from the fees, Epassporte has been fine for me, due to a block on my cards I have had to use them for the last couple of years. Everything seemed good, straight transfers to my bank account and it loaded just fine on almost any credit card.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:58 PM

Nice to see some good news floating around amid all the mess today. Thanks all for the clarification on ePassporte.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from the fees, Epassporte has been fine for me, due to a block on my cards I have had to use them for the last couple of years. Everything seemed good, straight transfers to my bank account and it loaded just fine on almost any credit card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there a $1000 limit to your bank account? Was there a $2 fee each time?