Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2006, 08:59 AM

Default Gigabet

I felt like my FE if I pushed SB into BB the next hand was low. Button was a weak player. If I put him on the maniac pushing range for his mini-raise, calling a push would be +0.2%. The mini-raise, to me, just meant that his hand was weaker (possibly in line with the maniac range, or worse).

Can I afford to fold here or is this best? If you like the stop-n-go, would you still do it with T8o?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1470)
UTG+1 (t1730)
CO (t1192)
Button (t1286)
SB (t1577)
Hero (t745)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t400</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero calls t200

Flop: (t900) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t345 (All-in)</font>
Old 02-07-2006, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Gigabet

lol I get what you try to achieve with changing that subject line [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

I have no really clue with this hand. Usually I just fold and I'm not pushing any two against BB next hand neither. How I'm thinking this, you are pretty much fckd any how, so you can afford to wait some real hand to double you up.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:57 AM

Haha, he said he was going to change the title. It's just a horrible spot either way, the thing is you do still have some FE over the stacks to your immediate left, so I dunno. It would depend hugely on my read on the guy.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol I get what you try to achieve with changing that subject line [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just having fun. I already PM'd Durron and told him that he can delete this post if he wants. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I have no really clue with this hand. Usually I just fold and I'm not pushing any two against BB next hand neither. How I'm thinking this, you are pretty much fckd any how, so you can afford to wait some real hand to double you up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This spot basically sucks. I read his raise as, "I have an okay hand." I thought given all the stack sizes at the table, this was as good a spot as any to double up or bust.

Meh.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:09 AM

With your read I'd say a stop n go is good. If villain doesn't hit the flop it will be tough for him to call a push because of his stack size.

I'll go further, given your read I think stop n going with any two beats folding preflop here. (Unless you hit two pair or better, then folding preflop is obviously the best [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 02-07-2006, 10:10 AM

A few more chips and this would be considerably more effective.

What's the buyin here? A bad player is probably not going to fold here no matter what he has. A good player should recognize this as you possibly having any two, and figure out his odds he needs to call. Maybe a player in between might fold if he was on a complete steal.

Not that theres really a great play anyway in this situation, but maybe holding out for a hand? Depends on your read on the button I suppose.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:21 AM

Stop and goes don't work with less than 6 BB, ever.

Edit: when there is a preflop raise, obviously
Old 02-07-2006, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when there is a preflop raise.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, but with the range that I gave him, calling a push with T8s would be +.2%, so why not sng, just in case?
Old 02-07-2006, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, but with the range that I gave him, calling a push with T8s would be +.2%, so why not sng, just in case?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's almost certainly calling Jack high, so all you accomplish is getting your chips in as a bigger dog, and if my some miracle he folds when you do flop a pair that's even worse.