Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Default $25 NL... Fold set in this spot ?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($17.80)
Hero ($45.80)
CO ($28.05)
Button ($4.75)
SB ($4.70)
BB ($18.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.60) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.60) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, Hero ?

This play baffles me, BB is a timid rock 7/1/0. I've played approx 100 hands against him , he never makes any moves, typical rock. My table stats are 17/4/2 and have showndown winning hands and laid down when I figured I was beat. I've seen him limp JJ in SB. I slow play this flop not wanting to scare rock out. His turn bet looks like a set overbetting pot, trying to look like a loose donk or he's trying to represent top pair trying to shut down flush draw while actually holding a set. Problem is he never makes plays like this. Can this be anything but a set ? Does Villain play 2 pair like this ? Is this a rocktard donkbluff ?
Old 01-13-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: $25 NL... Fold set in this spot ?

Raise PF..Bet the flop..As played do not think about folding..Either raise here or raise AI on river..I would raise now..NO read after ONLY 100 hands can be that spot on..

You need to ramp up your aggression both PF(based on your numbers) and post flop based on how you played this hand..You will make more by bet,bet and bet then trying to be tricky..
Old 01-13-2007, 06:30 PM

limping preflop is really really bad.

I also don't know why you would slowplay a rock. Any card taht completes any kind of straight is going to make you nervous as hell....
Old 01-13-2007, 08:13 PM

You're gonna have to explain to me how limping 33 is bad, i'm playing this for set value, hoping for other limpers, what's wrong with limping 33 ? Slowplaying flop was wrong. So what does a $3 bet from this player in this spot mean ?
Old 01-13-2007, 08:22 PM

At micro-stakes 6max you can win a lot of pots by c-betting your pre-flop raises. A lot of the time you will be taking it down pre-flop, too.

In the cases you hit your set you basically want to get it all-in and this is easier if you have begun building a pot pre-flop.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:24 PM

Raise pre-flop please.

You can thank us later. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2007, 08:42 PM

Thanks for the link checkmate, gonna check it out ! Triggerle, what you said makes sense. One thing I should have clarified in my original post is it was a 9 handed table, few guys had just left a few hands before and one was sitting out, I don't know know if that changes the dynamics of how the hand was played, but my stats were based on 9 handed for vast majority of the time. What should my preflop raise percentage be , 10%+ 9 handed ?
Old 01-13-2007, 08:51 PM

My link was for 6max as you probably noticed. Glad you liked it.

FWIW my PFR is only 5% at full ring but Im a nit who just found 6max. At 6max Im 16/12 so Im still a nit.