Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 12:55 AM

Default 20 buy in downswing

Anyone see it tonight on UB. In 3 days have gone through 20 buy ins. Feel free to reply if you saw it and tell me how big of a donk i am.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: 20 buy in downswing

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone see it tonight on UB. In 3 days have gone through 20 buy ins. Feel free to reply if you saw it and tell me how big of a donk i am.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have you as a 28ptbb winner over 500 hands. I don't like to play with you. If it's any consolation. I just went through a 15 buyin downswing myself. All I can say is that it happens. I tightened up a bit, not sure if that helped though. I mainly just convinced myself that I was a decent player and swings happen. I recovered, you will too. ( I did move down to $25 near the end of the swing to keep my $$$ loss within reason. You'll recover, lol i usually will leave a table you are at unless others are pretty bad becasue you keep playing back at my cbets lol. Good Luck
Old 01-11-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did move down to $25 near the end of the swing to keep my $$$ loss within reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think that "swings" have a starting point and they end at some point? Like you could switch to play money tables when you have one of these "swings" and then when it ends come back to real money?
Old 01-11-2007, 04:45 AM

Naturally.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did move down to $25 near the end of the swing to keep my $$$ loss within reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think that "swings" have a starting point and they end at some point? Like you could switch to play money tables when you have one of these "swings" and then when it ends come back to real money?

[/ QUOTE ]

It just seems for me I run either white hot or ice cold. WheN I run super bad for a while I move down. I am sure there are a number of factors which influence my play and produces the resulting swings and not some big random swing that comes along liek a taxi if thats what you mean. I was just trying trying to help out a brother, not define what a swing is or isn't , if my sentnce wasn't clear then it's no surpise to me. I rarely say anything someone understands clearly the first time.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mainly just convinced myself that I was a decent player and swings happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the wrong approach.

IMO of you are on a 20 buyin downswing and totally disregard the possibility that you suck at poker, you are being completely naive.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I mainly just convinced myself that I was a decent player and swings happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the wrong approach.

IMO of you are on a 20 buyin downswing and totally disregard the possibility that you suck at poker, you are being completely naive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made the post under the premise that the OP was a winning player based on the play and PT hands I have on him. I did not have the hh's provided in this post. If he is indeed a winning player then he is already revewing , studying and obv reaching out to help plug some holes. Most winning players are doing this already and the confidence part is sometimes the most difficult part to get back. I guess I need to be more clear in my posts. I suppose I think when I posted that I was in the frame of mind that he was already doing the obv things required to turn things around I was just stating some thinsg I had noticed over the course of the few hundred hands I had played with him. I do think winning players can have downsings like that, even though they may be making some poor plays. I almost always take the fact that I could suck at poker into consideration after I hit buyin 10 or so, I am sure I am not alone in that regard. Communicating my thoughts is not a strong point of mine and I can see how this was misunderstood. No harm no foul. I'll stick to my BBV one-liners from now on [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2007, 08:06 PM
 is offline

I had 12 buy in downswings and agree with the poster who says it`s partly due to variance combined with tilt.

Confidence and playing with the right set of mind is very important in poker or other games. So taking a break might be a good idea.

Also, I found that when I`m running bad I play very short sessions and when running good I often quit to soon.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:13 AM

I only have a little over 100 hands on you, but you are way too passive. Might just be sample size, but I have you at 23/11/0.73 so you really need to up your post-flop aggression. Try cutting down on the hands you play OOP and tightening up elsewhere as well, and then focus on firing away postflop. You probably should be c-betting a lot more as well.

This hand in particular is pretty bad (couldn't get it to convert):

Hand #37041407-13500 at Navarre (No Limit Hold'em)
Started at 03/Jan/07 00:36:18

tommy_corn is at seat 1 with $86.35.
slip796 is at seat 2 with $87.40.
drgilbert4 is at seat 3 with $24.
Icrushbookies is at seat 4 with $76.15.
mbsocc1346 is at seat 5 with $50.
The button is at seat 3.

Icrushbookies posts the small blind of $.25.
mbsocc1346 posts the big blind of $.50.

tommy_corn: -- --
slip796: -- --
drgilbert4: -- --
Icrushbookies: -- --
mbsocc1346: -- --

Pre-flop:

tommy_corn folds. slip796 folds. drgilbert4 raises
to $1. Icrushbookies calls. mbsocc1346 calls.

Flop (board: 4s 2c Jc):

Icrushbookies checks. mbsocc1346 checks. drgilbert4
bets $3. Icrushbookies folds. mbsocc1346 calls.

Turn (board: 4s 2c Jc 5c):

mbsocc1346 checks. drgilbert4 bets $9. mbsocc1346
calls.

River (board: 4s 2c Jc 5c 8s):

mbsocc1346 bets $11. drgilbert4 goes all-in for $11.

Showdown:

mbsocc1346 shows Jh 6c.
mbsocc1346 has Jh 6c Jc 5c 8s: a pair of jacks.
drgilbert4 shows Js Qc.
drgilbert4 has Js Qc Jc 5c 8s: a pair of jacks, queen/eight kickers.

Hand #37041407-13500 Summary:

$2 is raked from a pot of $49.
drgilbert4 wins $47 with a pair of jacks.

I have villain as pretty LAG, but there's no reason to call a raise, even a minraise, with J6o OOP. Playing for stacks with TPNK is gross. I haven't seen him double barrel like this without at least a strong draw, and I don't see any worse hands that call your river bet, nor very many better hands that fold.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:18 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...t=1#Post8132886

Sharing the wealth