Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Caesars Info

Hey All,
Heading to Vegas in late March staying at Barbary Coast because It was cheap and I wanted to be mid strip and close to the big poker rooms.
I am mostly a limit player with some NL tourneys thrown in. I know I will probably be playing a lot at Bellagio because it will be right across the street but I also wanted peoples opinion on Caesars. I love the daily noon tourney but want to know if they ever get 6/12 and higher limit games going there? Last Nov when I was there they had only one 6/12 table going and it took forever to get on.
I am deciding between playing either the Caesars and Venetian tourneys and if they can't get above 6/12 going at Caesars I will probably be more likely do the Venetian.
Any Info and advice on this is appreciated.
Thanks
Old 01-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Caesars Info

The cash NL at Caesars is soft during the day. The limit was soft too, but I think stopped at 6/12 the day I was there. On my last trip I saw medium-sized limit at Bellagio, Venitian, Wynn, and Binnion's.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:53 PM

i just got back. the poker room was busy when i was there, but the 6/12 only had a list of interest on a thursday night.

bellagio has good limits going most of the time (8/16 and up)
Old 01-09-2007, 03:43 PM

Wow so they didn't even have a 6/12 LHE game on a Thursday night at all? What was the biggest limit game they had going that night 3/6? Middle Limit really is dying in Vegas isn't it?

Can any other Vegas regulars or locals comment on the highest limit games they get going at Caesars and if they only happen on weekend nights.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Any locals or regulars with info on middle limit games at Caesars? What is the highest they get going? When do they get it going?
Bav?
Allvegaspoker??
Anyone???
Old 01-10-2007, 12:19 PM

I think I've played 6/12 at Caesars twice in a year, so I don't pay too much attention. But they do get 6/12 going many nights. I haven't seen 10/20 in eons; perhaps on special nights they can get 10/20 started, but don't count on it. For that matter, don't really count on 6/12, but I think it goes more often than not on reasonably busy evenings. A friend visiting the week before Christmas played the 6/12 game on Thursday and Friday before XMAS and it was going by late afternoon.

If 6/12 ain't going at CP, Mirage is next door to the north and may have 6/12 or 10/20. And Bellagio is the other direction and offers 8/16 and 15/30 (Bellagio's games are the most likely to be available).
Old 01-10-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow so they didn't even have a 6/12 LHE game on a Thursday night at all? What was the biggest limit game they had going that night 3/6? Middle Limit really is dying in Vegas isn't it?

Can any other Vegas regulars or locals comment on the highest limit games they get going at Caesars and if they only happen on weekend nights.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know they had 3/6 going, and a crapload of NL, but i didn't notice any game going over 3/6. there were a lot of interest lists going including mixed games and what not.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Poker room rate

does anyone know if Caesars is still offering a room rate for 8 hours of play per day?
Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Poker room rate

$119 during the week $199 weekends
Old 01-11-2007, 05:57 PM

For tournies check out http://www.pokertournamentformula.co...ournaments.htm
And pick based on how much time you have, how much play you want for your money, and your skill level.

Mirage has some nice 10/20 games sometimes. If you have the 'roll and are at a 10/20 table of rich donkeys who ask the brush to start a 20/40 table, then go with them.

There are excellent 8/16 games at Bellagio. They also have 4/8 which I will sometimes play in while waiting for a higher game but I try never to play lower than that. It's almost a waste of time playing the 3/6 game at Mirage even if there's not a better game, for example.