Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 11:49 PM

Default 10NL QQ- fold on flop?

Readless, is this a good fold or too weak?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($5.60)
BB ($13.50)
UTG ($8.80)
MP ($21.60)
Hero ($9.55)
Button ($5.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.35, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($0.90) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.90
Old 01-04-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: 10NL QQ- fold on flop?

Definitly need to call that. Could be almost ANYTHING.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:03 AM

That is definitely not a fold. That is either a call or raise.

A fold here is too weak.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:28 AM

I play 10NL 6m on stars and I raise that kinda [censored] all day. Dont know if it is incorrect to do so or not but for me I think it gives me the pot quite frequently with no reads. Most players who flop trips here have to figure they are ahead to anything in you range here and will usually either check raise the flop or the turn or if they bet they make a smaller one that is more likely to get action from overcards. They're putting you on either overcards or a pocket pair, and figure they can get you to fold out to the threat of trips. Villain can be leading this pot with 88-JJ and A5 as well so there are a lot of 2nd best hands that he could be betting into you with on this flop. Most players at 10NL will not bet out here with a FD or gutshots like 89.

If you get reraised on the flop then I figure A7 or 55 and fold. A lot of the hands that villain is betting here will call a raise here. I think if you take this line and get called checking behind the turn is ok because draws seem unlikely and good for keeping the pot size down.

PS: I'm trying to get a lot better at hand reading and would appreciate feed back from others on my thoughts here.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:41 AM

fold? I'd raise this against all but the nittiest of players.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:52 AM

Its a reraise. Unless his AF is like 0.2.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:02 AM

I think your analysis is spot on for these tables.

Without a good read (and you rarely get them at these stakes) you can pretty much say all these hands are possible and about equally likely. There are very few villains who will reraise bluff here. There are a lot who will call your pf raise and a flop raise with A5 or even 54s. Even the relatively tight ones are calling a flop raise with 88-JJ.

I think this is plus EV to raise and fold to a reraise in general and even against the most tight passive player I would call.

Edit: Given his little stack size we are going to call if he reraises, I would fold to a real reraise from all but the laggs.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:22 AM

pretty weak IMO, i would probably raise and call a push. At 10 NL most villians think any overpair here or even overcards are the nutz.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:37 AM

"I play 10NL 6m on stars and I raise that kinda [censored] all day. Dont know if it is incorrect to do so or not but for me I think it gives me the pot quite frequently with no reads. Most players who flop trips here have to figure they are ahead to anything in you range here and will usually either check raise the flop or the turn or if they bet they make a smaller one that is more likely to get action from overcards. They're putting you on either overcards or a pocket pair, and figure they can get you to fold out to the threat of trips. Villain can be leading this pot with 88-JJ and A5 as well so there are a lot of 2nd best hands that he could be betting into you with on this flop. Most players at 10NL will not bet out here with a FD or gutshots like 89."

yea i agree, when i played 10NL i would say the AVG villian LOVED to slow play. But theres also alot of LAGS that bet any 2 here...

"If you get reraised on the flop then I figure A7 or 55 and fold. A lot of the hands that villain is betting here will call a raise here. I think if you take this line and get called checking behind the turn is ok because draws seem unlikely and good for keeping the pot size down."

if we raise here i think we have to call a push. If we raise here to say $3 on flop and villain pushes we will be getin like 4.5ish to 1, so i dont see how we can fold with QQ here w/ those odds??
Old 01-04-2007, 03:37 AM

I think it's weak. It's highly unusual at this level for a villain to bet pot with trips, and I highly recommend looking him up with a good raise. If he three bets he might just have won the battle of balls, or he might have a 7, and you probably can fold.

Edit: just seen stack size: we are not folding.