Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 02:10 PM

Default how many people vs. bruce lee??

(old stoner argument we used to get into)

how many of you and your friends would it take to take down bruce lee in his prime??

answers used to vary greatly when we used to argue about it, from the low end of about 3-4, to the high end of 12-15+...

obviously, it'd have to do with how many of your friends would be willing to be the first one to shoot in and lose their faces...
Old 12-22-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Re: how many people vs. bruce lee??

Bruce Lee had ridiculously good footwork, power, reach, and cardio. If you gave him a large enough arena to move around in he could easily take on more than 10 guys. This is not even remotely an exaggeration.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:20 PM

ahhh...see, then you and i are on different sides..

you give me myself, and 4-5 of my friends (that have had my back in various skirmishes over the years, and who i trust to have my back if the need ever arises again), and we'll get him...

it'd obviously have to be heavily planned out, and timing would be crucial..but i think if we could circle him up, even bruce lee would have a hard time defending us rushing at him..sure, 1 or 2 of us would get it, but we'd then trust that the other 3 or 4 would get the job done...
Old 12-22-2006, 03:59 PM

i have at least one, maybe more friends that could wreck bruce lee one on one, simply by being highly skilled wrestlers/jiu jitsu/mmaers. did the guy even compete?
Old 12-22-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i have at least one, maybe more friends that could wreck bruce lee one on one, simply by being highly skilled wrestlers/jiu jitsu/mmaers. did the guy even compete?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruce competed with good success in full contact MA fighting. He didn't do it very much though. Also, he did some boxing.
However, he has been dominated before in wrestling matches. I don't know if it was a no rules match or if it was a pure wrestling match.

I don't doubt that a good BJJ guy could wrap up Bruce. However, if Bruce received some training in takedown defense, then he'd be in better shape. You have to remember that 30+ years ago, strikers didn't know takedown defense AND they simply didn't need to, because not enough people were doing takedowns.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:53 PM

Bruce got taken down by Gene LeBell, a very good judo man. Not every judo man did as well. Bruce started to introduce grappling into his training well before his final days, and even in his early days did spar with judo men.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he fought REAL fights.

This is SOOOO dumb.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is SOOOO dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, please, yeah, the guy was a vicious street fighter, not an actor. the pro mmaer's i know have nevvvver been in a street altercation. lee did a lot of great things, but he never could have competed with a good boxer or wrestler of his day, let alone a reputable trained mmaer of today. yes, he had great physical attributes, had he grown up wrestling, judo or boxing, maybe he would have had a chance, but he mostly practiced kung fu (right?), then dabbled in some other things. additionally, people often compare him to pro athletes well out of his weight class- that he would have a chance with most of these people is nonsense. looking impressive kicking in the air does not a fighter make, it's kind of like the reason few of those 'and 1' basketball players are in the nba- they don't realllly have game. i guess this is kind of like a religion vs atheism debate however. there is, and never will be, any evidence he could fight, but his followers will tarnish his memory by claiming such instead of giving respect to things he did actually accomplish- inspiring others and making advancements in approaches to training. he was not an ass whooper- not that ass whooping is what he was, or what one should, strive for.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is SOOOO dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I think "real" fights are way overrated as they end too quickly. A match in the ring is much better experience overall.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC Bruce Lee had incorporated some jiu jitsu into Jeet Kune Do early on.