Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 11:21 PM

Default STT Software - Review

Post your reviews and/or review related questions regarding popular STT software here.

This thread is NOT for...

- problems, bugs, functionality questions/suggestions. Direct those to the author of the software via his site/PM contact.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Re: STT Software - Review

I've been playing around with Sharkscope recently.

For anyone who has it, how often do you use it, when do you use it (I typically don't have time to check the stats on a guy when I've got 9 tables going), and is it worth the 15/mo for a $60er who will be playing a couple hundred tourneys a month?
Old 12-17-2006, 12:19 AM

It all depends on how much you table select, IMO. I play all the 225 and 335s I can, but I sometimes table select before entering a 555, and it helps. I personally find it throws me off as much as helps me during a game, because I think I do better relying on my own feel, observation and notes than calling/raising just because Sharkscope shows a guy is a shark/fish. Usually you can tell that stuff pretty quickly anyway, even when multi-tabling, IMO.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:02 AM

I haven't played SNGs for a long time (almost two years?). It would appear ICM/push-boting technology has really taken off while I was gone.

I've read the FAQ, and visited the home pages of SNGPT Software, SitNGo Wizard, and SNGEGT, but honestly, I don't even know what kinds of features I should be looking for. For instance, do the softwares all work directly with hand histories, or do they require one to type in stack sizes etc by hand?

Can someone be so kind as to compare/contrast these softwares for me? I would guess a good feature would be to be able to dump an entire tournament summary into one of these softwares and have it tell me which pushes/non-pushes I screwed up on. Is that a pie-in-the-sky feature?

PS: Shouldn't this thread be sticked if, as I read, software posts are to be locked?
Old 12-30-2006, 01:32 AM

Thanks ddubois, I meant to add this to the "Other.." sticky (at the top of the software list).

Off to bed...I'll let the others take a stab at your questions (I'll check back tomorrow).
Old 12-30-2006, 02:38 AM

SNG Wizard works with the hand histories, although I believe if you wanted to, you could do a hand that you made up, i.e. you put in the stack sizes, etc...

I would at least test out SnG Wizard as their trial version actually has all the functions unlocked for 30 days.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:38 PM

what about sites/software that are an absolute joke/waste of interweb space?
Old 12-31-2006, 04:46 PM

my sharkscope stats are off as they seem to consistently miss around 10-15% of my sng's

it had said i'd played 228 this week, so i played two sets of 11 (so i could have a nice round number).

i did that and checked back an hour after and it tells me i'm at 246 for the week.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:53 PM

Is sharkscope worth it for an 11 and 22 player? ive used the free searches and it helped a little. Im on FT does that matter? What does the "search Tournement" option do?
Old 01-03-2007, 01:13 PM

Anyone else have any thoughts on SNGEGT? I've played a few thousand SNGs in my day and never used any software. SNGEGT seems like it calculates in real time the EV of a push and reccomends an action. This seems a bit unethical to me but is approved by Stars.

That being said, I've played for years without any software and probably won't change. Just curious on the merit of SNGEGT. It mostly seems like a real time SNGPT program.