Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 08:31 PM

Default ECW Hardcore TV: July 23, 1996

Remember when ECW wasn't a [censored] Vince McMahon joke? Let's remember the good of ECW and forget the crap going on now. Also, this board is pretty dead so I'm probably going to try to start posting a lot and maybe not make it a total failure.

The show starts off with a recap of The Samoan Gangsta Party tossing The Gangstas around an alley. New Jack takes a suplex on the pavement.

The awesome Thunder Kiss '65 intro hits and away we go.

This was ECW's last show on the MSG Network. Joey Styles thanks them for the 18 month relationship and let's us know we canstill catch ECW on the PRIME Network in that primo 2 A.M. time slot.

First match of the night is a 4-way-tag-elimination TV title match: Chris Jericho (Champ)/2 Cold Scorpio/ShaneDouglas/Pittbull #2

Main theme of the match is Douglas feuding with Pittbull and being afraid of him.

Highlights include:
Douglas hits Pittbull with a chair before the match.
Cool spot where Scorpio flips Pittbull out of the ring and into the guardrail.
Huge huricanranna by Jericho on Scorpio from the top rope.
Jericho goes for a Lionsault but Scorpio dropkicks him mid-air.
Pittbull powerbombs Douglas on two unfolded chairs.
Someone gets superbombed through a table... I won't spoil it.

I thought this match was really, really great, but I'm a sucker for long matches and this one was action filled. Old
school ECW fans will eat this up, but I think any wrestling fan will enjoy this a lot.

This match actually takes up pretty much the entire 50 minute show.

pt.1 pt.2 pt.3 pt.4

let me know if it works and if you liked it/want more
Old 12-15-2006, 11:52 PM

Default Re: ECW Hardcore TV: July 23, 1996

dude, I can tell you now that I want you to post more already.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:21 AM

This is one of my favorite ECW matches of all time. Good memories. Nice post.

Let's keep'em coming. I doubt it would happen, but a permanent wrestling/fighting forum would rule. Anyone remember RSPW circa the mid 90's? Best board ever (no offense to 2+2)before it got lame.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:47 AM

Here's some my favorite early ECW memories.

Grew up a big WWF fan but I always hated certain things about it. (faces always won, matches were boring with lot's of restholds)I liked WCW alot but around 94 Hogan/Bischoff and company killed it, so wrestling in general pretty much sucked at this point.
Around mid 94 I was home one Friday night and really bored. Flipping through the channels at 2am I saw a wrestling show. Being a wrestling fan, I started to watch it. Chris Benoit was fighting Al Snow. At this point I only knew Benoit as Beef Wellington's Tag Team partner at that tag team tournament from one of the old clash of champions.(Old school CoC's those were great back in the day) Al Snow I had never seen but I remembered seeing his name in PWI. As I watched this match I was completely mezmorized. At that moment I became an instant ECW fan. Benoit beat the hell out of Snow to win the match then Sabu ran in and I saw my first broken table spot which completely blew me away.
To this day Benoit is still my favorite wrestler.

A few weeks later, 2 guys I never heard of named Eddy Guerrero and Dean Malenko had one of the best wrestling matches I've ever seen. (to this day)

Sometime later, I got my brother (also a big wrestling fan) to watch ECW. The first match on the show was two strange looking, masked mexican guys I've never heard off named Rey Misterio and Pychosis. He goes "what is this crap? Is this a joke". The fan's seemed to have the same opinion as my brother. They didn't know who these guys were either. You could almost hear the fans whispering "who the hell are these guys?". There were jeers and laughter (not in a good way either) About 20 minutes later Misterio/Psychosis tore the roof off the place and everyone was going nuts. A true star was born that night.

So many memories. I remember coming home on friday nights right in time for the 2am showing on the MSG network. To this day I really think the best wrestling shows ever produced were those ECW shows from 1994 to 1997ish. Heyman's a genius I don't care what anyone says.