Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2006, 02:32 AM

Default Gigabet\'s hand histories

I sent PM's to everyone with the info. If you didn't get one, and you think you shoulda, let me know.

Known problems....

Indiana your box is full

3 people, I got money, but no pm, so I don't know who you are, so pm me and let me know the details.

A couple people, I got pm's but no money.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Gigabet\'s hand histories

[ QUOTE ]
people, I got money, but no pm, .....

people, I got pm's but no money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol
Old 02-04-2006, 02:38 AM

I know it's only 114 tournys so far, but he plays WAY looser than me early on. But when it gets to 150/300, I play looser than him.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:03 AM

I sent you a PM, but your mailbox was full. Tried sending you money, but your BR was full. Sigh.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:26 AM

Thanks Lacky and Gigabet. I paid in not for the HH's but for the prop bet. At the same time I've been lurking / participating on this site for a while now and I want to give something back. I would like to use these HHs in the same way that the curtain's and Custer HHss were used. I plan on posting hands that I found out of the ordinary so that we can all learn something from them (including gigabet if that's possible). I will not upload the HHs for the community because I think you should have had to contribute to see them. But I hope that everyone can gain from them.

More importantly, I think Lacky's original goal of having top players play all the games from the 10's to the Steps is the MOST worthwhile goal. I wish more top players would participate and I thank all the peopel who will contricute to that goal. There have been quite a few low limit players who are participating in the "gigabet challenge" and I look forward to their results.

But I want to thank Gigabet for providing his HHs. He's such the man that he knows that giving out his HHs will not be -EV (to use Zee Justing's Phrase).
Old 02-04-2006, 03:36 AM

paul,

while you are of course in your rights to share the interesting hands freely, it is the interesting hands in specific that the people who paid in for this in order to get the hhs were paying for, not the ordinary ones. while they may not care, it kinda sorta sucks to share the interesting hands that everyone else thought were going to be a fairly exclusive commodity.

also, did you just admit that you paid $100 for the prop bet just for the prop bet part? all math ever shows it was a bad bet =(

meh.

c
Old 02-04-2006, 03:42 AM

Just got the ones posted and looked through 1 $22 he played.

My $100 investment was worth it to see how he plays and what cards he does it with.

Much, much more aggressive than me in the early levels, it is a night and day difference.

I, for one will be looking at every HH he plays and I am certain it will improve my game more than any $100 worth of coaching ever could.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got the ones posted and looked through 1 $22 he played.

My $100 investment was worth it to see how he plays and what cards he does it with.

Much, much more aggressive than me in the early levels, it is a night and day difference.

I, for one will be looking at every HH he plays and I am certain it will improve my game more than any $100 worth of coaching ever could.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Yeah, ramp up that aggression early in the 22s. That's the way to get to 75% ROI over your next 1000.

This forum just cracks me up sometimes.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:51 AM

pineapple:

note that he said nothing about any ridiculous claims to roi.

paying $100 for 600 hand histories of any winning player at each stakes is worht it to pretty much any player looking to improve. regardless of style differences or similarities. gigabet clearly finds spots that are +ev that the average 22s player will not think about. and even if they aren't great things that are implementable immediately, they are things taht the average player would be better off served by thinkign about than not. on the whole, i'm a big fan of people paying for his hand histories. i think it will be interesting. if not for them, than for the rest of us.

on the whole, your sarcasm is graded a "meh" by myself, the grand arbiter of sarcasm.

c
Old 02-04-2006, 02:19 PM

Did Giga actualy beat the 20s? He didnt beat the 10s (though he obviously can I cant emphasis enough, this is not a haters or a fanbois post)

Just a thought but can you learn as much from HHs that are associated with a period of negative ROI. Wont it be hard to escape from results orientated thinking?

I can see the value in HHs for maybe 50s+ but I dont think Giga had the time to adjust "downwards" for at least the 10s because (sorry fanbois) he is only human and not the coming of the poker messiah and I think he needed more than X games at the 10s to fully make his actual dominance (75% ROI?) felt.