Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 02:28 PM

Default Anyone had accout hacked into? What happens now?

Hey all, looking for some info if anyone has any experience with this. Last Friday someone was able to log into 3 of my accounts and "play off" my money on those 3 sites. I contacted support and had gotten mixed reaction from them. 1 site took more than 24 hours to get back to me and has subsequently suspended my account for an investigation, they also do not have email able hand histories so that I cannot know what day or time this happened.. Another support got back to me within an hour providing me with ip addresses and logins and outs of my account activity, and has subsequently frozen my account(also a friend of mine I occasionally transfer $ to, and I hope other that were at the table when this happened. The third asked me to call and talk with them on the phone after being grilled multiple times of how someone could get my login and password, and assuring them that no one else has it, its not written down, I dont use the save password feature, etc, they said the would investigate and get back to me, I am still allowed to play on this site. So, my questions if anyone has had or knows anyone this has happened to.
How long will this investigation take?
I am assuming I have a little less than 0% chance I will get the money(any of it) back(would be nice but I am not getting any hopes up.T/F
At what point will I be able to play on the 2 sites that have suspended me(bc they are 2 of the main sites I play at).
Anything else insightful, please let me know.

Thanks all

Tobdog
Old 12-12-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Anyone had accout hacked into? What happens now?

It's probably your fault one way or another
Old 12-12-2006, 02:32 PM

And im pretty sure your money is gonzo
Old 12-12-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last Friday someone was able to log into 3 of my accounts and "play off" my money on those 3 sites. I contacted support and had gotten mixed reaction from them... after being grilled multiple times of how someone could get my login and password, and assuring them that no one else has it, its not written down, I dont use the save password feature, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

So on the same day, someone logged into 3 seperate accounts of yours, and you have no idea how your passwords were compromised?

Have you run a virus scan?

Does anyone else have access to your computer?

[ QUOTE ]
Another support got back to me within an hour providing me with ip addresses and logins and outs of my account activity, and has subsequently frozen my account(also a friend of mine I occasionally transfer $ to, and I hope other that were at the table when this happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you able to get the hand histories from this site?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Last Friday someone was able to log into 3 of my accounts and "play off" my money on those 3 sites. I contacted support and had gotten mixed reaction from them... after being grilled multiple times of how someone could get my login and password, and assuring them that no one else has it, its not written down, I dont use the save password feature, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

So on the same day, someone logged into 3 seperate accounts of yours, and you have no idea how your passwords were compromised? Yes, it happened within a 12 hour period from what I can tell from the emailed HH's from 2 of the sites.
Have you run a virus scan? Yes, I actually played that night(earlier) at my wifes parents house and didnt play or log in on 2 of those sites and my computer at home was off.

Does anyone else have access to your computer? No it was in my bedroom that night

[ QUOTE ]
Another support got back to me within an hour providing me with ip addresses and logins and outs of my account activity, and has subsequently frozen my account(also a friend of mine I occasionally transfer $ to, and I hope other that were at the table when this happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you able to get the hand histories from this site?

[/ QUOTE ]yes this was one( irecalled the last 100 hands(thats all they offer) and my play from earlier in the night was at the tail end of this.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else have access to your computer? No it was in my bedroom that night

[/ QUOTE ]

I will rephrase... Does anyone else have access to your computer EVER???

Do you EVER play on a wireless connnection?

Aside from your house (where I presume you live with ONLY you and your wife?) and your wife's parents house (why are you playing poker there?), do you EVER login to your poker accounts ANYWHERE else?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and your wife's parents house (why are you playing poker there?)

[/ QUOTE ]
It's his in-laws, Sniper! God, I wish I could get away with that... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2006, 03:06 PM

I will rephrase... Does anyone else have access to your computer EVER??? My wife uses our computer at home, she has her own login and does not have any interest in poker.

Do you EVER play on a wireless connnection? Wifes parents house, they have a wireless and only include 4 mac addresses, brother in law is an internet security tech for a brokerage and set up their network, no WEP/WPA though

Aside from your house (where I presume you live with ONLY you and your wife?) and your wife's parents house (why are you playing poker there?), do you EVER login to your poker accounts ANYWHERE else? Play, no. I play at wifes parents house when we stay there , or I stay there before bedtime(doesn't everyone?)
Old 12-12-2006, 03:53 PM

Sounds like you are a victim of a key logger at the very least.

I can not say what the poker sites will do.

The first thing you need to do is call the police. You are a victim of computer crime.

The next thing you need to do is lock down and check all of your personal information. This may well not be limited to just your poker accounts.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING ON YOUR PC UNTIL THE POLICE SAY IT IS OK TO!!!! They will need to collect evidence from it.