Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 06:36 PM

Default (3/6) 77 at a tough table with 1 fish

Table is tough. Table is all Tag's except one 78/42/2 fish. Just about every pot is raised (most 3bet)
postflop there's ton of betting and raising (with alot of strange hands that I don't normally see TAG's bet/raise with. And this isn't just isolation attempts against the fish but in pots with the other players as well)

Hero is on the buttion 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop
5 folds, Fish raises, hero calls, sb folds, BB 3bets, fish call, Hero calls

flop (9.33SB) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB bets, Fish calls, Hero Raises, BB 3bets, Fish calls, Hero calls

Turn (9.16BB) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB bets, fish folds, Hero Calls

River (11.16BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets, Hero Calls

Before anyone says it. I know I should have 3 bet Preflop. Normally I would here but I'm not sure what I was thinking. I'm assuming the whole hand play out differently if 3bet pf.

On the flop, I'm confused. Most of the time I'd dump this given the action but I'm not ready to put BB on a high pair despite his actions. BB has been very tricky and ultra aggressive post flop 3 betting and caping with some mariginal hands.

Turn- Should I raise here or is this calldown time.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:13 PM

Default Re: (3/6) 77 at a tough table with 1 fish

I don't mind the cc preflop, but when it came back 3 you should have capped. You're probably slightly behind button's range, but you will have a ton of equity in this hand and you should try to get as much of fish's money in as possible.

Postflop play looks spot on to me. What're you going to do fold? NH.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:29 PM

i 3 bet preflop, and I fold river. I would think I would fold turn too but you picked up a gutshot and a crappy flush draw. By the river, you can't beat anything.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i 3 bet preflop, and I fold river. I would think I would fold turn too but you picked up a gutshot and a crappy flush draw. By the river, you can't beat anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

He beats AK and AQ.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:42 PM

raise turn for free showdown if he 3 bets you your 7d is no good. This way you get an extra BB when you river a straight/set but lose the same when you don't improve. I'd bet any diamond on the river too
Old 12-07-2006, 08:27 PM

yes, 3bet this preflop, but you knew that...

I wouldnt raise the flop, I think this is a situation where you want to wait for the turn card and see the action.

I like the r/f turn. especially if you just called the flop.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, 3bet this preflop, but you knew that...

I wouldnt raise the flop, I think this is a situation where you want to wait for the turn card and see the action.

I like the r/f turn. especially if you just called the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you like the r/f line? I feel like this exposes us to folding a hand with (potentially) lots of outs for one bet in a big pot. I don't think we'll ever get threebet by a hand we beat, but I do think we might get three-bet by a hand we shouldn't fold against.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:01 PM

I dont know; on feeling. that 6d is mighty scary for him, he might fold. or give us a free showdown, which would cost two bets anyhow.i doubt he'll 3bet when theres such an obvious straight or flush
Old 12-07-2006, 09:05 PM

I guess I'm thinking about the hands he thinks we might have. (I assume he knows we are TAG). Given our preflop cc, there isn't really a 4 he can put us on, and unless we've gotten cute with AK or AQs, I don't see how he can put a hand that beats a big pair. I guess lots of people cc KQs in that spot, but if the table is so TAG, I doubt he'd put another good player on that hand.

This is all assuming he is a good TAG though.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:42 PM

yeah, closing the action i'm just calling the flop and raising a decent turn card. given the turn card i don't mind just calling b/c i can't fold HU with the redraws. on the river i would probably just call as well because we only beat a bluff. pf 3bet, but you know that.