Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 09:04 PM

Default Asking out a girl from class I haven\'t really talked to

So there's this really cute redhead in one of my classes that I want to ask out. The problem is that I haven't really talked with her at all; she has a friend that she always sits next to and talks with during class, so given that I'm shy around people I don't really know to begin with, that's made it really hard to approach her. The extent of my communication with her has pretty much been brief conversations about class material, but I've made her laugh a couple times.

The problem is that today was the last day of class. I thought we were gonna have class on Thursday like usual but it turns out our teacher has jury duty and he cancelled it; so, the only time I'm scheduled to see her again is at the final, which of course isn't the best time to have a conversation with someone. There are basically three possible routes I see here:
1. Ask her out at the final
2. Her friend is in another class w/ me; today (in class w/ redhead) I asked her friend about an assignment we have due tomorrow in the other class, so she knows who I am. I guess maybe I could say to her "hey, I think your friend in our other class is cute, could I get her phone number?" but this may be lame.
3. Facebook message. Ultra-lame and kind of creepy.

Relevant factors:
- Most of you would probably look at her and say she's a 6 or 7 - I guess I just have a thing for redheads and cute smiles cause I would call her a 9, but anyway, she isn't what most people consider hot. I guess the relevant factor is that she's in my league.
- I don't think I'm that attractive or unattractive either way. I posted pics in this thread if you want a reference. I'm tall (6'2") so I guess I have that going for me.
- The class I have with the redhead has like 20 people in it; the class with her friend has about 35.

I've been asking about this in the SSNL (NC) thread but figured this would also be a good place to get advice. FWIW, the best response I've received there has been this (from smellmuth):

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">smellmuth</font>wait, so you are never going to see this girl again if you dont talk to her at the final? answer is obv, as you are leaving final go up to her with a piece of paper with your name phone number say 'hey its too bad we never got a chance to talk in class give me a call sometime if you want to go out/get together/whatever the hell you call it wherever your from, hand her the peice of paper and walk out. problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">me</font>In a more ideal situation I'd like to do something that leaves me w/ the initiative rather than relying on her calling me, but as far as desperate plans go I like this a lot. Need to work out execution details though, since leaving the final isn't exactly the best time; either she finishes before me and I lose my window, or I finish before her, teacher sees me dropping her a note, we both get expelled for cheating on the final, she hates my guts for ruining her life, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">smellmuth</font>good point, i dont know how your school works, at mine its a huge horde of ppl standing around waiting for the doors to open before we go in to write, this sounds like your ideal time. except you dont want to hand her this note and then be standing there waiting like a moron for the next ten minutes so tryto time it right as the doors open. as for the initiative thing, listen if this girl is remotely interested she will call you even if only out of mild curiosity. girls like guys who are aloof. if this girl doesnt call you, you had no shot anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-06-2006, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Asking out a girl from class I haven\'t really talked to

ask her to get a drink with you after the final.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:53 AM

I say ask her out. Its better to bet out with a draw than check fold/call. You get more info by betting than checking.

Btw: it looks better to initiate, rather than let things slip away
Old 12-06-2006, 12:55 AM

I definitely want to ask her out, the problem here is figuring out how to do it w/ maximum chance of success given the situation. Suggestions on execution?

There really isn't an "after the final"; once we start taking the test there's no guarantee she won't finish before me.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:12 AM

If you are going to a party after finals (and who the hell isnt?) invite her to it
Old 12-06-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to a party after finals (and who the hell isnt?) invite her to it

[/ QUOTE ]

in hallway before test
goofy: &lt;smile&gt; you ready for this test?
girl: blah blah blah
goofy: &lt;stretches&gt; oh man, I'll be so glad to be able to stop studying/get finished with this class. You got any big plans after this?
girl: blah blah blah
-----Depending on what she says either ask her to do something then or if she's busy studying/whatever go with:

goofy: hey my friend is having a party to celebrate the end of finals, you should come.
girl: cool, can we makeout?

that'd be my play. I'd try to make it as relaxed as possible since you don't know her.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And then watch as she flirts w/ other guys (perhaps hooking up w. someone else?)

I'm sorry but i don't like that play.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely want to ask her out, the problem here is figuring out how to do it w/ maximum chance of success given the situation. Suggestions on execution?

There really isn't an "after the final"; once we start taking the test there's no guarantee she won't finish before me.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf do you mean there are no guarantees that she won't finish before you?

To begin, asking a girl out is only as hard as you want it to be. Don't do it before the final. Make sure you finish the exam before she does. You look like you're one of those smart [censored] you can get things done pretty quick, so use it. Pussy can get teams like Bucknell University to beat the Kansas Jayhawks in the NCAA tournament. It could get you to finish your final exam quickly too.

Once you finish your exam, position yourself so that you are inconspicuously around when she finishes. I don't know how you do this, but it really doesn't matter, because if she likes you, she's not going to care that much. You don't want to stand right outside the exam room tho.

Walk with her a little to wherever she is going and gauge what she's like. If it's a hard exam and she's in a bad mood, then offer her a drink and pretend that you thought the exam sucked too. If it's a decent exam, then walk with her and just see if she's liking that you are walking with her. It's pretty easy. Girls will let you know pretty quickly through a walk whether or not they want you at they're side or they don't.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I say ask her out. Its better to bet out with a draw than check fold/call. You get more info by betting than checking.

Btw: it looks better to initiate, rather than let things slip away

[/ QUOTE ]

boooo
Old 12-06-2006, 01:44 AM

omg just friend her on facebook then give it a week and post on her wall or something, start conversing, ask her out