Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 03:33 PM

Default Norfolk and Waay Info - Important!!!!!

I have been to a couple of other forums and discussion boards to ask what I am going to ask you hear (I hope I get clearer answers here). I asked about affiliate marketing and dropshipping (particularly for ebay). A company that seems to get mentioned a A LOT is called Norfolk and Waay. So far, I have been adviced to, go to these sites to learn more:

www.norfolkandwaay.com

www.norfolkandwaay.blogspot.com

not to mention: www.google.com [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

As I go to these sites, I find that I feel even more confused and curious about Norfolk and Waay than ever before. They have left me with more questions than answers, a fact that I don't particularly appreciate given my lazy (but smart and super-analytical) nature. These sites suck and I've posted them here so that you won't give them to me again like those "helpful" people in the other so-called "business" forums did many times.

Has anyone here had any DIRECT experience with Norfolk and Waay? I would really appreciate it if you gave me links to websites or what have you about Norfolk and Waay that would give me more answers than questions instead of the other way around. Thanks in advance.

BTW, I have also been recommended to go to www.wikipedia.com which was wasn't any help either.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Norfolk and Waay Info - Important!!!!!

I've worked with them on a variety of projects. They're good, but a little inflexible. What in particular do you want to know?

By the Waay (sorry couldn't resist), Julian Norfolk (the son of the original Norfolk and former COO of Norfolk and Waay) actually left the business recently and set up a new firm with N&W's former Director of European Operations (Steven Chance) - Norfolk and Chance tends to take lower margins on new accounts but works with many of the same suppliers.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:21 PM

For some reason I always have to double take the name every time i read it.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:28 PM

Am I the only one that strongly suspects this was a ploy to send people to his crappy blog? On second thought, I'm almost sure of it after seeing the "Important" with six exclamation points behind it.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've worked with them on a variety of projects. They're good, but a little inflexible. What in particular do you want to know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you provide specific contact information? I'm interested primarily in dropshipping, especially when it has to do with fashion jewelry.

We had a wholesale fashion jewelry business in the mid-90s and I know the market well. Inventory (too much of it in a very fast changing seasonal business) was our downfall. As soon as two seasons had past the leftover inventory that resulted either because of customer returns or lack of turn over became totally worthless. If I can find a good dropshipper in fashion jewelry, I'm willing to go back into the business. I know the marketing side of the business very well. But I need supplies.

It does not have to be Norfolk and Waay. As long as they can deliver, I won't mind who it is. It also does not matter if it is business to business, or business to consumer. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By the Waay (sorry couldn't resist), Julian Norfolk (the son of the original Norfolk and former COO of Norfolk and Waay) actually left the business recently and set up a new firm with N&W's former Director of European Operations (Steven Chance) - Norfolk and Chance tends to take lower margins on new accounts but works with many of the same suppliers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget the niche marketing subsidiary founded by Julian's nephew Johann Schiet. For a very fair price Norfolk and Schiet will send emails to 463,765 (and growing) registered names in the US to get the word out about your new business.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:04 PM

I have never used Norfolk and Schiet since, well I'm not American.

I do buy presents for my grandmother from Norfolk in Hants (a niche e-commerce company focusing on Hampshire and surrounding counties). Like all Norfolks though, Sarah operates exclusively on a referral system (I think it's a family tradition, and it definitely worked for Harold Norfolk back in the early days of mail order).
Old 12-08-2006, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget the niche marketing subsidiary founded by Julian's nephew Johann Schiet. For a very fair price Norfolk and Schiet will send emails to 463,765 (and growing) registered names in the US to get the word out about your new business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. I finally got it. I must be dumb for taking this long. Good one.