Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 11:06 AM

Default Party 2-4 Aces in BB

Just sat down and have a full $400 at the start of the hand. Both villains have around the same. Folded to LP who raises to $12, button calls, I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Pot = $38

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Checked around, turn is 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I check, LP bets $38, button calls, I call.

Pot = $152

River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $101.

Thoughts?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Party 2-4 Aces in BB

Its a bold attempt to bluff on the river. I think against one opponent it would be very good- against 2 opponents it is marginal. Since most people bet nut flush draws like a made hand- I would imagine someone with a heart flush would call this river bet because they don't believe you have the nuts.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:47 PM

I called the turn obviously knowing that a spade would make me my hand and that some of the time the board would pair and it would be checked down so aces up would be good.

Once the heart came I thought a 2/3 pot bet would make a lot of flushes fold but Ya, I guess getting a 2nd or 3rd nut flush to fold there is a little bit of wishful thinking.

I guess straights and sets SHOULD fold often enough to make this bet profitable though?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:45 PM

I don't like it. You have blockers on the nut straight, checkraise the turn rather than bluffing the river.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:46 PM

Obv. you should raise preflop, but as played...

River bet is good - key is you have the Ace of hearts, so no one can have the nuts.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River bet is good - key is you have the Ace of hearts, so no one can have the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so practically irrelevant in this spot.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just sat down and have a full $400 at the start of the hand. Both villains have around the same. Folded to LP who raises to $12, button calls, I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Pot = $38

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Checked around, turn is 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I check, LP bets $38, button calls, I call.

Pot = $152

River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $101.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You will get called by any flush. Repeat after me: No one folds the river for one more bet after improving. Ever.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:24 PM

restrikt - With these stack sizes, I don't think it's a good idea to reraise PF OOP with marginal aces.

I guess the bet on the end is marginal also. The bluff has to succeed 40% of the time to be better then checking. I still think some flushes would fold but maybe I am wrong.

For anyone interested in the results: They did both fold (but fairly quickly though, so no one else had a flush).
Old 12-06-2006, 07:33 AM

Is betting turn really that bad ? Now your river bet is much more convincing. You can expect to win a small pot uncontested on turn, and you can bluff on the river maybe 3 times out of 4 if you are called by only one player. The problem is you can get raised on turn, but it would not have been that expensive...

++