Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 02:20 AM

Default Stars full 55 HH on PXF viewer

For those unaware, you need to at least register for free at PXF to view this.

Comments welcome.

Link to full HH
Old 12-05-2006, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Stars full 55 HH on PXF viewer

Comments from a lower stack player :

13 : A8o (SB) I complete everytime, here
33 : 43s (SB) complete here, getting 7:1
45 ; QJs (btn) I might raise 250
48 : 22 (BB) raise preflop

3 handed, you could be a bit more agressive, I think. Note that jhtbs was very agressive to defend but lookingglass floded most of the time to your raise.

94 : A7o (SB) I don't like completing, here, why not raise ?
112 : 86s (SB) raise or fold. jhtb has been very agressive.

Otherwise gg, seemed very soid to me. I was surprised most of the player were out so early. Is this common ?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:37 AM

Hand 55: 66/btn move in, don't raise it.
Hand 67: 66/btn the same

- You don't want to tempt these guys to try to go over the top. You want the blinds and with a small pair, you don't want a showdown. Moving in minimizes that chance.

Hand 75: 78o/BB Flop 67T rainbow: folding to a small bet from BB of 1/3 of the pot - in position - with middle pair and a gutshot is just too meek.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:42 AM

Hand 98: You REALLY need to c-bet here on the flop. You have at least 8 outs, maybe even 12 to make a hand, so even if he goes over the top, you can call with getting the right odds..
Old 12-05-2006, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Comments from a lower stack player :

13 : A8o (SB) I complete everytime, here
33 : 43s (SB) complete here, getting 7:1

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, playing A rag OOP sucks, as does 43s. These are hands you can play, but I think they are long term -ev when OOP.

[ QUOTE ]
45 ; QJs (btn) I might raise 250

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered that, and in most games I would do that. Having two aggressive LAGs on my left made me decide to play a bit tighter than normal.

[ QUOTE ]
48 : 22 (BB) raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising preflop is an option. I preferred seeing a flop vs this opponent.

[ QUOTE ]
3 handed, you could be a bit more agressive, I think. Note that jhtbs was very agressive to defend but lookingglass floded most of the time to your raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a standard, not a turbo. I can afford to be more patient in a game like this with an aggressive LAG on my left. I know Looking Glass was folding most times to my raises, that's why I raised his BB somewhat frequently. People get tired of that at some point. Look at the hand he decided to call me with - Hand 98 he had 45. He was fed up with me stealing his blind and took a stand with 45.

Also, I didnt think I needed to gamble as much because I got quite a few walks in the BB in this game.

[ QUOTE ]
94 : A7o (SB) I don't like completing, here, why not raise ?
112 : 86s (SB) raise or fold. jhtb has been very agressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just didnt want to invest many chips with either hand against this guy. I'm basically seeing if he'll show weakness, then I'll take a stab. If plays like these aren't working, I'll adjust later with a decent stack intact.

[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise gg, seemed very soid to me. I was surprised most of the player were out so early. Is this common ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all that uncommon.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 55: 66/btn move in, don't raise it.
Hand 67: 66/btn the same

- You don't want to tempt these guys to try to go over the top. You want the blinds and with a small pair, you don't want a showdown. Moving in minimizes that chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first hand, moving in is probably ok, but I'm sure raising is ok too. The second hand the SB has a bigger stack. I like moving in less there.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 75: 78o/BB Flop 67T rainbow: folding to a small bet from BB of 1/3 of the pot - in position - with middle pair and a gutshot is just too meek.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I could have played back there. I'm sure I would have if I were HU. I dont think my hand is all that strong to battle against two players when we're deep stacked and when the blinds rise so slowly. As I mentioned to Rex, in these standard games when I get a LAG on my left, I tighten up.

Thanks to both of you for the comments. Your suggestions are all reasonable, I'm just explaining my logic. This game I made a lot of non-standard plays based on reads.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:04 AM

Thanks for these Cha, I always like them. I'm not looking at the previous comments so these hands may have already been discussed...

1 - AJs Can't we call this after a limper? I guess we're still in too early a position to expect a bunch of others to come along which is what I'd want. Would you call if you were in CO and had two limpers to you?

13 - A8 in small blind. Completing here getting 5:1 can't be too bad.

45 - QJs on button. I've skimmed through the "unplayable" pf hands so I haven't been paying attention to other opponents much, but this hand seems more than reasonable to raise PF. I'm guessing one of the blinds here gave you pause?

46 - A6 Same deal here? Although not as bad as the previous too me.

48 - 22 in BB and SB completes. Would you ever raise PF here?

55 - 66 This would just be a push for me on the bubble with 13 effective bbs.

And LOL at these guys calling pushes with A2, K9 vs you and KQ and whatever other crap.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for these Cha, I always like them. I'm not looking at the previous comments so these hands may have already been discussed...

1 - AJs Can't we call this after a limper? I guess we're still in too early a position to expect a bunch of others to come along which is what I'd want. Would you call if you were in CO and had two limpers to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play super tight early in all sng's. Folding AJ sooted or not from early position is standard for me.

Yes, I'd call from CO with 2 limpers.

[ QUOTE ]
13 - A8 in small blind. Completing here getting 5:1 can't be too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think its bad either to call or fold. Calling is only ok if you know how to lay down at the right time.

I prefer folding and I dont think its a leak. As a matter of fact I think its probably the best play because of position.

[ QUOTE ]
45 - QJs on button. I've skimmed through the "unplayable" pf hands so I haven't been paying attention to other opponents much, but this hand seems more than reasonable to raise PF. I'm guessing one of the blinds here gave you pause?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned this earlier in the thread - I usually raise this from the button but there are two aggressive LAGs (one of which seems to be pretty good) yet to act, which could make playing this -ev.

The more I think about this one, with position, I dont mind raising here.

[ QUOTE ]
46 - A6 Same deal here? Although not as bad as the previous too me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ew, A6o from the CO? No, I dont like that very much.

[ QUOTE ]
48 - 22 in BB and SB completes. Would you ever raise PF here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever? Of course yes. I dont do everything the same all the time.

[ QUOTE ]
55 - 66 This would just be a push for me on the bubble with 13 effective bbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pushing is fine I'm sure. I like a normal raise a little better.

[ QUOTE ]
And LOL at these guys calling pushes with A2, K9 vs you and KQ and whatever other crap.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2006, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This game I made a lot of non-standard plays based on reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, then you perhaps should choose another game for us to review, instead of wasting our time with a sng where you play non-standard?

But as pointed out by a previous poster, your game is too tight 3-handed. And it's not even close [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2006, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This game I made a lot of non-standard plays based on reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, then you perhaps should choose another game for us to review, instead of wasting our time with a sng where you play non-standard?

But as pointed out by a previous poster, your game is too tight 3-handed. And it's not even close [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reads were based mainly on what you were able to see by watching the game. If you think its a waste of your time to watch it and comment on it, sorry, but Im not going to play a "standard game" any time. I always make adjustments while I'm playing based on what I see. One of the things about this particular game that affected my play and tightened me up more than normal was the presence of two LAGs on my left. Thanks for your comments.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:57 PM

Your AJ folds surprised me. But AJ is a hand that can get you into trouble. I think I have gotten back to playing AJ to much early on. Good to see you folding it, I should prolly tighten up early on too. You folding AQ in those situations (early position, early levels, unraised pot?)

I was surprised how much you raised with pocket pairs. I thought standard play was to call, hit set or fold?

Thanks for sharing your HH with us!