Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 09:02 PM

Default Petition to Change Stars\' Supernova qualification

As of now, Pokerstars awards Supernova status to anyone who earns 100K base FPP in a calendar year. I would like this changed to supernova status earned for any 100K base FPP earned in any 12 consecutive months.

-I and many others who just started playing on stars after the party split are basically set back many months for making supernova level in 2007.

-New casual players to stars who come in halfway through the calendar year will then have a chance to make supernova instead of no chance.

-This should eliminate the need to cram in hands in December, but rather encourage steady play throughout the year.

So if you think this is a decent idea, please please PLEASE email support@pokerstars.com with the form-email or one of your own. Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Support,

I think that the way players earn supernova status needs to be revised. Instead of earning supernova for FPP's in one CALENDAR year, a player should be able to earn supernova for FPP's in any CONSECUTIVE 12 months. Please forward this to management. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-04-2006, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Petition to Change Stars\' Supernova qualification

BOOOOOO

leave it how it is
Old 12-04-2006, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BOOOOOO

leave it how it is

[/ QUOTE ]

reasoning?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:49 PM

Selfishness.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BOOOOOO

leave it how it is

[/ QUOTE ]

reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm busting my ass to earn the necessary points in these last few months. I too played at Party until the split. The less supernovas, the more equity I will have in the freerolls. Therefore, I have no desire to see them lessen the qualifications.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:50 AM

First of all to the num nuts scared about their freeroll equity with the influx of novas realize that even if people who were short of nova are granted nova status for new year they will need to retain status again before they can participate in freerolls.

Second of all, we here at these forums should not be working against other poker players by making it harder to attain nova status, isnt the point of this community to help each other ? hence the strategy posts and assitance ? If we were all competing with each other than why even have this forum and give strategic tips , because in the end the tips your giving is -ev for you. If you greedy people are worried about the last droplets of free roll equity than you can have it. Because for people like you it doenst matter if you make 5k a month or 10k a month you will still be SELFISH people who dont spend a penny of the money anyways.

And last but not least you players have to realize that Stars does not truely value the high MGR players. People who play the amount needed to make nova status are usually winning players. Poker stars does not want to make it easy to make that status because they do not want their site filled with winning players.

this is why stars is so much against rakeback and so much against bonuses. Those kinds of things attract good players, this is a big no no for stars.

They are basically telling us, we are happy your a good player, now go play on ABsolute or something dont bother us here.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all to the num nuts scared about their freeroll equity with the influx of novas realize that even if people who were short of nova are granted nova status for new year they will need to retain status again before they can participate in freerolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU ARE WRONG!!!

PLEASE READ THE CLARIFICATION FROM THE STARS EMAIL!!! THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS ON THAT RULING!
Old 12-06-2006, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And last but not least you players have to realize that Stars does not truely value the high MGR players. People who play the amount needed to make nova status are usually winning players. Poker stars does not want to make it easy to make that status because they do not want their site filled with winning players.

this is why stars is so much against rakeback and so much against bonuses. Those kinds of things attract good players, this is a big no no for stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS AGAIN IS WRONG!!!

They made a decision that it was more +EV for their business to spend the money on advertisments rather than giving rakeback.

I would say that it's working too...I think they are the biggest site on the net for a reason.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker stars does not want to make it easy to make that status because they do not want their site filled with winning players.

[/ QUOTE ]

quite possibly one the most moronic things i've read here. who do you think pays more rake: 9-tabling ring players like myself, or 1-tabling fishies who go bust on the micros.

of course there is a hierarchy to online poker where the profit trickles up from the bad players to the good ones... but i am not sure this is discussed at PokerStars board meetings. of course they are interested in attracting new customers and diverting traffic from other sites... but in all reality it is the people who keep the tables going 24hrs/day and who are willing to open new tables that are the most important.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker stars does not want to make it easy to make that status because they do not want their site filled with winning players.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]