Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 03:11 PM

Default *** Official SEC Championship Ark-Fla ***

A little early, but I'm surprised TruFloridaGator or someone else didnt already start this. Even with a great rush defense, I dont think Florida can stop Arkansas' rush attack. The McFadden QB package will show up big today I think. Arkansas obviously has to put a stand against the pass attack, but Florida will probably have a good 250 yards in the air. I dont think Tebow will be a huge factor in this game. For Arkansas to win this, the passing game HAS to come in sync today. Even with a rushing attack of 250 yards, if Arkansas cant get the passing game working they will not be able to win this. Hopefully we will see some true-freshman Mitch Mustain hunger for action and he will show up when he gets some snaps.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:26 PM

Default Re: *** Official SEC Championship Ark-Fla ***

I think he was planning on doing commentary in the Florida thread since you may be the only ARK fan. I'm predicting many many posts in this thread about how the SEC is overrated. I might be out playing poker during this game but I think it'll be close (as all SEC games seem to be ZOMG OVERRATED).

FLA 21
ARK 17
Old 12-02-2006, 04:43 PM

I think Florida is gonna stack the box.

For Arkansas to win, they need to be able to pass. I think the key to this game is going to be the pass attack from Arkansas vs Ryan Smith/Reggie Nelson/Tony Joiner/Reggie Lewis.

I expect McFadden to get his yards, but I don't think he has a huge game. I really think that Florida will neutralize the Arkansas run-game until the Razors prove they can move the ball through the air.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:25 PM

I can't admit to seeing that much of Arkansas this year, but the thing is, they haven't been able to pass all year. If one could simply stack the box and stop the run, they wouldn't be where they are now. LSU has a very good D and they yielded some points. I just can't see Florida, even with their D, being able to force Arkansas to pass where everyone else has failed.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Florida is gonna stack the box.

For Arkansas to win, they need to be able to pass. I think the key to this game is going to be the pass attack from Arkansas vs Ryan Smith/Reggie Nelson/Tony Joiner/Reggie Lewis.

I expect McFadden to get his yards, but I don't think he has a huge game. I really think that Florida will neutralize the Arkansas run-game until the Razors prove they can move the ball through the air.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong IMO....LSU ( a better defensive front) stacked the box and couldn't stop the Arkansas running game. Florida won't be able to either.

Arkansas 30
Florida 13
Old 12-02-2006, 05:48 PM

I completely agree.. I'll ge very very surprised if the run gets stopped today. LSU didnt give up 100 rushing yards in a game all season until they met Arkansas. The problem came when they completely shut down the pass. There were some dropped balls, and the coverage was very tight. I think Florida will score more than 14 because Arkansas' CBs do get burned frequently. The game comes down to the Hogs' passing imo.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:50 PM

Go Razorbacks! (I want LSU to move to #4 for the Rose Bowl! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 12-02-2006, 09:33 PM

I wonder if the NCAA is pulling for Fla here - what are we going to talk about for a month if Ark wins? I'd like to see Ark win it myself, being that I prefer football over controversy.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:35 PM

Wow, I love Dan Mullen.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:36 PM

I feel like I just saw my two friends playing NCAA 07. Who the hell fakes from their own 12 like that?