Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Anyone want to buy my $200 credit with TJ Cloutier?

Here's the story, told it here once before.

I am in Tunica, and donking away some $5 bets at the craps table and TJ shows up.

There was a tourney going on, and he was out, but waiting for the next one the following morning.

We are talking for about 10 minutes back and forth, being a sports journalist, I am asking him questions about all sorts of things, I even wrote a column about it that ran a few weeks later in my paper.

Anywho, TJ asks me if I can loan him a little dough, we settle on $200 bucks.

He says, "catch me tomorrow in the poker room"

Well, of course he never shows for the next day of play. Don't think he was dodging me, I honestly think something came up, or he played too late and slept through it.

Anyways, I figure someone knows him, so I am offering my 200 marker with TJ to the highest bidder.

If you send me whatever amount it goes for, I will email you the description of me, and our the stories I told him, which I imagine he will remember, as well as the newspaper story I wrote about getting ripped by TJ.

Also, as a bonus, I will write an additional story in my paper about how much I sold the debt for, and whatever info you want shared on how you intend to collect this TJ Cloutier debt.

So basically, you can collect from him if you know him, and you get a story written about you and this experience.

I will start the bidding at five dollars, full tilt cash, because that's the least you can transfer.

May the offers flood in!

Either post your offer, or PM me, I will keep you all updated on what a TJ Cloutier 200 buck marker goes for.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Anyone want to buy my $200 credit with TJ Cloutier?

What great timing. I actually just went partners with an old friend of his and have been buying up TJs debt all over town. Been getting a pretty sweet deal too, turns out there isn't much faith in him in the business world.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What great timing. I actually just went partners with an old friend of his and have been buying up TJs debt all over town. Been getting a pretty sweet deal too, turns out there isn't much faith in him in the business world.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the juice is still running. The $200 is up to $1870. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hey, maybe you could sell the marker on eBay as a sports memoabilia. TJ played pro football.

What? Canada? But...

Oh. Never mind. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2006, 03:59 PM

Soccer is pretty boring, cuase of all the passing back to the middle, but i can understand that they are setting up plays. But i want to bash my t.v. everytime i see them miss the goal. I mean come on! 90% of all shots miss the goal and miss it by a MILE! It takes 20 passes(or more) to get 1 shot off that doesnt come close to the goal. I vote to make the field smaller and the goals bigger and soccer would be tight. Here's how you watch soccer....very very drunk, and only watch the shootouts. Flame on.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:19 PM

For those who have been PM'ing me about the soccer column.

I wrote it in about 13 minutes. I seriously appreciate the editing.
If you don't strive to get better at what you do, then you most likely will never get any better. That may sound like Yogi Berra, but I just made it up.

I also wrote the soccer thing tounge in cheek.

Somewhere, right after I wrote that column, Bill Simmons wrote a great column on soccer. He even made some of the same points I did, in very similar words. (I wrote mine a week before his)

Anyways, here is the link, http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...simmons/060705

But you need a password because it's an older article, maybe someone can repost it here, I am curious what people think of a pro covering the subject of soccer.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:09 AM

I really think anyone who goes out of their way to hate a sport that they:

A. Don't play
B. Don't understand

really isn't worth talking to.

I've never even seen an ice (rink?) in real life, nor have I ever laid eyes on a pair of ice skates. When I see ice hockey on TV, it just looks like a bunch of dudes skating around and just really doesn't interest me much....

I am however smart enough to realize the reasons I don't enjoy watching the game, and also to not comment.

Also, your soccer article is really bad, regardless of content. I don't think you should necessarily quit writing or anything, but I think you should probably consider taking steps to become a better writer.

Btw, I like American football as well, although not as much as futbol, as I grew up playing it in Texas, but in no way shape or form should it be considered more 'chess-like' than say basketball, soccer, tennis... hell, really most other sports.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:39 PM

Not a lot of action on the Cloutier debt... I thought someone would like at least to read about themselves and how they purchased a bad debt fairly inexpensively.

Do I hear 6 dollar?
Old 11-27-2006, 10:44 PM

I bid 8 dollars. PM me if I win
Old 11-30-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not a lot of action on the Cloutier debt... I thought someone would like at least to read about themselves and how they purchased a bad debt fairly inexpensively.

Do I hear 6 dollar?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should do a story about me. Also, let me know if your paper has any openings, check out a few of my prize winning stories:

[ QUOTE ]
“Why do I suck on Fridays?“

My worst day ever was on a Friday, and it had to do with the biggest football game of my life.

My team, the Ampipe Bulldogs, traveled to play the Walnut Heights Knights, a team my coach, Vern Nickerson had never beaten. This was our year...not. We were winning at the end in a huge downpour. Instead of having Rifleman kneel on the ball, Coach Nick orders him to hand off to the tailback.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. We fumbled and lost the game. I got in a huge argument with Coach about the play and was not allowed on the team bus.

I got drunk later that night, and went with some guys and dumped trash on his lawn. He caught me, and got in big trouble.

As it stands now, because of my unlucky Friday, I have to make all the right moves to get a college football scholarship.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
“Girl Trouble”

I do pretty well with the ladies, myself. But I'm always looking for another angle. Right now, I am going through some tough times with my girlfriend. She does not understand how football players can get full college scholarships, while someone truly talented at being in the marching band, usually cannot. Even if a band member gets a scholarship, its usually pretty crappy and you even have to buy your own sheet music.

My girlfriend is mad because if I make all the right moves, I will get a scholarship. She, on the other hand, is in the marching band and complains over and over and over again about how it so hard to get a marching band "skolly" and how unfair the whole thing is.

If it were up to me, I would give her a full scholarship for playing the skin flute and/or the peach piccolo. She is not too good on the trouser oboe, very good on piano, but she sucks on the organ. Also, she looks like “Bailey” from “Party of Five.”

Anyway. Football players are men, and men are inherently more deserving of scholarships. First off all, if you give too many scholarships to women, the math and science classes will die out due to under-enrollment and the college might as well be for arts, crafts, and gothic literature.

When is the last time you paid money to watch a marching band. When is the last time you paid money to watch a concert of chamber music (instead of going to watch football). Football is big business and it makes the whole college allot of money and basically if you did not have football, you would not have college.

True story. Harvard was struggling as an academic institution as well was Yale. They thought of co-opting to cut down on expenses, but that would have been too weird. Instead, they invented football, and Yale decided to bring a bull dog to the game. One smart guy decided to bring sausages and grilling meat and a smarter guy brought beer and ale. A professor pulled a jar of mustard out of his pocket and things started to rock. Basically, this saved both Harvard and Yale.

What did the goddamn marching band ever do for academics?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
“Facing Reality”

I don't know how it fell apart.

1. My girlfriend took off ... she got a music scholarship for the trouser oboe.

2. My best friend took off ... he met up with his dad and brother who were part of an organized crime ring that stole tractors. It was very dangerous; as it turned out they were At Close Range with a mad killer the whole time. The last I saw of him, he was eating himself out of his house.

3. Coach Nickerson sold out and became an actor PLAYING a football coach on TV, which explains why I didn't get the call to play football at Cal Poly. The last I heard, he had a terrible experience buying a house in California.

Even though I am 5'4" I do have mad hops, and am famous for having a "nose" for the ball. If only that would have played out correctly, I would not have to be making all he right moves to get a football scholarship.

Instead, I would only have to be making the right move more often than not so that I don't blow my football scholarship.

Now, I am just coming to grips that I will not be getting an 18-year-old, 6" growth spurt. At the same time, I have made a majority of the required right moves to get that scholarship. 1. I brought my grades up, even though I spent half the semester in the steel mill; 2. I do have mad hops; 3. I have a "nose" for the ball; 4. I look a lot like Tom Cruise (pre-Cocktail days) 5. I have the desire to leave this dreary, dying steel town in my rear view mirror (assuming I get a car first). 6. My girlfriend is a dead ringer for Leah Thompson; and if not, is damn near a dead ringer for Bailey from Party of Five.

Still, my life is looking up. I just started training for football and am even eating better. For breakfast, I tried the new, all-fiber cereal called All the Right Moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
“Happy Future”

I'll tell you what this country needs ... "All the Right Moves Two, Electric Boogaloo."

Having failed to land a college scholarship as a 5'4" cornerback, Steph has to make "all the right moves" in a local break dancing competition ... first prize? Well, a pair of parachute pants, but its a step in the right direction.

The money does not flow in until Steph and his new girlfriend in a dreary Penn. steel town invent a new dance ... Flashdance. Together they take the dancing world by storm, and EACH get college scholarships.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2006, 05:09 PM

Today's Headline:
"Brilliant Gimmick Saves Thread"

(temporarily)