Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Bodog pulling .net and major magazine ads from US

They are also in the process is moving their base operations to Antigua. Some of what I am about to say is fact and some is my opinion so I will try and be clear on which is which.

The first is a semi fact: The ads that these companies pay for are paid ahead of time. There is no point in paying millions of dollars to say ESPN if it is possible that those ads won't be shown and that money not returned.

This is a semi opinion: Bodog will focus more on their current player base and making inactive players active players. The point of spending all of that money was to get customers in the door. Now that they have done that it will be a priority for them to increase the value to their current players. This is a very good thing IMO.

Fact: Antigua is very friendly to US facing online gambling operations.

Fact: Bodog will be spending more money on upgrading their interface to get in line with the industry leaders.

Opinion: Mass advertising has somewhat hindered the interface development because so many customers were coming in quantity was the order of the day. This move will mean a focus to quality and IMO will be the thing that will make them amongst the industry leaders.

How does this affect all of you? It really doesn't other than the fact that I think you will see more overlays and even better customer service. I just thought you guys might want to be kept in the loop.

It is also a huge priority for Bodog to make a European presence, this move will allow for that in full force.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Bodog pulling .net and major magazine ads from US

Thanks for sharing beanie!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:05 PM

Please advise as to how you know bodog is pulling ads, i.e. not spending money to advertise in the U.S. once current agreements run out. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:40 PM

there will be a press release within the next day or so to this affect. Once that is out I will be happy to post that.

I just thought people would like to hear it first and proactively react to questions rather than it causing some type of panic based on uninformed opinions.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:46 PM

6-8 tables at a time at any point in the near future?
Old 11-27-2006, 09:09 PM

I have gone over this in depth on p5's but I am always fearful of coming over here without info.

As you may know Bodog had a major interface change last February where their player base was literally slashed in half. Apparently adding more tables is a pretty big priority but it also would require a majore change. Its not just a simple thing of allowing the tables.

There is no time frame but it is high on the list. IMO, that is one of the big things that hasn't allowed them to get to the level of say FTP. In terms of marketing and overlays they are about as good as it gets.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no point in paying millions of dollars to say ESPN if it is possible that those ads won't be shown and that money not returned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Appreciate your earlier reply...

Can you please elaborate on the above-quote? Is this fact or your opinion? Why do you think ad money will be returned? Is this Bodog's speculation or yours? Just trying to clarify...
Old 11-28-2006, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no point in paying millions of dollars to say ESPN if it is possible that those ads won't be shown and that money not returned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Appreciate your earlier reply...

Can you please elaborate on the above-quote? Is this fact or your opinion? Why do you think ad money will be returned? Is this Bodog's speculation or yours? Just trying to clarify...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the specifics on their contracts so indeed that would be my opinion. I highly doubt that is playing a large part in their decision. But in my quote I did not suggest that Bodog thought they would be returned monies from ads.

I don't know if the Antigua move will affect Canadians but I will find out for you.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:23 AM

Is the move to Antigua likely to change their anti-Canuck policy?
Old 11-28-2006, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the move to Antigua likely to change their anti-Canuck policy?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see what Antigua accomplishes that Costa Rica doesn't vis-a-vis Canada.

IMO Calvin Ayre feels he is rich enough and wants to ensure that he can always go "home" when this is over.