Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 01:31 AM

Default OSU-MICH conspiracy theory.

OSU had a new artificial turf just installed recently. This was the first game played on it I belive. The field made it impossible to get good footing. Keep in mind im a Michigan fan obviously but it seemed like Michigan off. and def. players were slipping left and right while OSU players seemed to have no problems making adjustments. The turf was so bad in that you could not cut on the run, all you could do was run north and south. OSU players looked very comfortable on it. As if they had practiced on it before and were aware of the condition. If this is the case it would be a huge advantage for them.

Was this gamesmanship by Jim Tresell? Keep in mind I don't put anything past that man.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:41 AM

Default Re: OSU-MICH conspiracy theory.

this is bs

it was real turf, not artificial

many fields replace during the year that far North

Michigan had a walk through opportunity
Old 11-22-2006, 01:44 AM

The field was a joke, but all this sort of stuff is just home field advantage. Whatever, it's not a big deal.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:53 AM

i didn't realize it was real. fine. but the field was in horrible condition. i watched the game twice and the second time i concentrated to see who it effected more. It seemed OSU had no problems on it. On the first long TD run by the OSU tailback sean crable for michigan slipped before he could of made an easy tackle behind the line of scrimmage. on the pass where it looked like Henne overthrew a wide open Mario Maningham, Mario actually slipped. Also Michigan players were slipping numerous other times. Watch for yourself when they replay it on classic sports. LLoyd Carr even mentioned the awful condition of the field in his press conf. makes me wonder, i dont put anything past that cockroach (tressel).
Old 11-22-2006, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't realize it was real. fine. but the field was in horrible condition. i watched the game twice and the second time i concentrated to see who it effected more. It seemed OSU had no problems on it. On the first long TD run by the OSU tailback sean crable for michigan slipped before he could of made an easy tackle behind the line of scrimmage. on the pass where it looked like Henne overthrew a wide open Mario Maningham, Mario actually slipped. Also Michigan players were slipping numerous other times. Watch for yourself when they replay it on classic sports. LLoyd Carr even mentioned the awful condition of the field in his press conf. makes me wonder, i dont put anything past that cockroach (tressel).

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that the goals post were wider when OSU was kicking for a field goal, and that the yards looked mor like meters when Mich was on offence. I think they heated up the chains to make them expand when Mich had the ball, so they would need about 10 yards and 2 inches for 1st down....

Seriously, I was rooting for Mich, but it was a late-fall winter field for both teams.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:19 AM

Seriously, I was rooting for Mich, but it was a late-fall winter field for both teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

it hadnt rained in over a week and the temps were in the mid to upper 40s.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:21 AM

im just being a nit, i highly doubt that osu would stoop this level. but its fun to think about.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the game, and the field that I parked in was super muddy, so it had to have rained sometime during the week. Also, in the broadcast Musburger said that OSU hadn't practiced on it all week because there was a tarp on it. I think they both had a walkthrough and that was it.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is so wrong that its laughable. We had an exorbitant amount of rain in Columbus that week. Also, your statements about Tressel are a [censored] joke. The man has more integrity than Jesus himself. He has proven himself time and time again by suspending the two best players that his program has ever seen (remember the tOSU v OSU Alamo Bowl in which Troy Smith was not alowed to play despite his absolutely dominant performance in his prior game against michigan? No? Well how about the whole Maurice Clarret thing?) The fact of the matter is is that JT has more class than both you and I. Not only is he a great coach, but he is a great man as well.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't realize it was real. fine. but the field was in horrible condition. i watched the game twice

[/ QUOTE ]

You watched the game twice, and you didn't realize it was real? You didn't notice the multiple close-ups of divots that were dug up by the cleats, or the segment about how they just resodded the field a couple weeks ago?

[ QUOTE ]
i dont put anything past that cockroach (tressel).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you said that.