Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 12:26 AM

Default Post your \"surebets\"

I liked the threads about husting pool and golf, and I remembered easy bets to win that people readily take. Some examples- two (women's basketballs) fitting inside the hoop, not being able to blow a crumpled piece of paper into a beer bottle, relatively simple pool shots that seem impossible to make.

Post some easy wagers, hustles, bar bets (not elaborate cons). Criteria: Nearly impossible to lose, and often accepted by people.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Post your \"surebets\"

"Hey bartender, I bet you fifty bucks I can bite my eye." Bartender looks at the guy and lays fifty bucks on the bar. The drunk pops out his artificial eye and bites it, then takes the fifty bucks. The bartender realizes he should have seen that coming.
"Hey bartender, I bet you fifty bucks I can bite my other eye."
Bartender saw the guy park his car and walk in the bar and thinks to himself that there's no way the guy has two artificial eyes, and accepts the bet.
The drunk takes out his false teeth and bites his other eye and grabs the fifty bucks while chuckling under his breath. The bartender again realizes he should have seen that coming.
The drunk then gets up from the bar and seems to be quite secretive about talking to the other people sitting around at the tables. Once again, the drunk steps up to the bar and says, "Hey, bartender? Do you want a chance to win your $100 back?" Hesitantly, the bartender asks what he has in mind.
"Well, it's like this. I bet you I can get up on one end of the bar and place a shot glass at the other end. I can pee from the end I'm standing on and get it in the shot glass at the other end without spilling one drop."
The bartender looks at the length of the bar and decides that no one could pee that far and accepts the bet. The drunk hops up on the bar and begins to pee. He pees all over the bar not even coming close to the shot glass. The bartender begins to laugh and happily scoops up the $100 quite proud that he has won the bet.
The drunk hops off the bar and smiles at the other people which makes the bartender suspicious so he asks the drunk, "Hey! You come in here and bite your eye and win fifty bucks, then you bite your other eye and win another fifty bucks. Now you knew before you bet me that you couldn't pee the length of this bar. Why are you so happy about losing????"
The drunk says, "Before I bet you about the shot glass, I went around the bar and bet everyone in here $100 that I could get up on your bar and pee all over it..... and you'd be happy about it!"
Old 11-18-2006, 12:35 AM

Nice. Too bad I don't have a false eye.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Hey bartender, I bet you fifty bucks I can bite my eye." Bartender looks at the guy and lays fifty bucks on the bar. The drunk pops out his artificial eye and bites it, then takes the fifty bucks. The bartender realizes he should have seen that coming.
Bartender saw the guy park his car and walk in the bar and thinks to himself that there's no way the guy has two artificial eyes, and accepts the bet.
The drunk takes out his false teeth and bites his other eye and grabs the fifty bucks while chuckling under his breath. The bartender again realizes he should have seen that coming.
The drunk then gets up from the bar and seems to be quite secretive about talking to the other people sitting around at the tables. Once again, the drunk steps up to the bar and says, "Hey, bartender? Do you want a chance to win your $100 back?" Hesitantly, the bartender asks what he has in mind.
"Well, it's like this. I bet you I can get up on one end of the bar and place a shot glass at the other end. I can pee from the end I'm standing on and get it in the shot glass at the other end without spilling one drop."
The bartender looks at the length of the bar and decides that no one could pee that far and accepts the bet. The drunk hops up on the bar and begins to pee. He pees all over the bar not even coming close to the shot glass. The bartender begins to laugh and happily scoops up the $100 quite proud that he has won the bet.
The drunk hops off the bar and smiles at the other people which makes the bartender suspicious so he asks the drunk, "Hey! You come in here and bite your eye and win fifty bucks, then you bite your other eye and win another fifty bucks. Now you knew before you bet me that you couldn't pee the length of this bar. Why are you so happy about losing????"
The drunk says, "Before I bet you about the shot glass, I went around the bar and bet everyone in here $100 that I could get up on your bar and pee all over it..... and you'd be happy about it!"

[/ QUOTE ]I've heard this story a few different ways, but does anyone know if it's in any movies (either acted out or told as a story in the movie)?
Old 11-18-2006, 01:58 PM

I had seen so many people fail at eating the crackers in under a minute but a few summers a ago I saw someone do it--he nearly choked to death but he did it. 35 people in a room at $20 bucks a piece he won.

EDIT: The way I have always seen it done was 3 packages, so 6 crackers in 1 minute. Eat them anyway you can, all six at once, one at a time, two at a time, or half and half.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard this story a few different ways, but does anyone know if it's in any movies (either acted out or told as a story in the movie)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Desperado comes to a 10 minute break while Quentin Tarantino tells the last half of this joke.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:41 PM

The Saltine Challenge is old and good, like the gallon of milk.

This one isn't really a "bet," but it's unreal how often it works. You take out a $100 bill (you can use any denom, I normally use a $20) and ask the mark to take out a bill of the same denomination. So now you have two $100 bills. Now this is the part that has to be sold- you take an envelope or matchbox (or a card deck box), and hand it to the mark while putting in both bills. You need to hint at the possibility of some sleight of hand (there is none.) You then "allow" him to buy the box and its contents for $150.

It's amazing how many people will think you're a moron and take the deal.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:50 PM

ankle,

Wouldn't hinting at the possibility of sleight of hand lead the victim to say 'hahah no way am i paying that man, i bet there's only one note in there'? I do like the rest of it though, and can see how an idiot would fall for it.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This one isn't really a "bet," but it's unreal how often it works. You take out a $100 bill (you can use any denom, I normally use a $20) and ask the mark to take out a bill of the same denomination. So now you have two $100 bills. Now this is the part that has to be sold- you take an envelope or matchbox (or a card deck box), and hand it to the mark while putting in both bills. You need to hint at the possibility of some sleight of hand (there is none.) You then "allow" him to buy the box and its contents for $150.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was something similar to this at the end of an episode of Hustle, but it was faster and there were other exchanges to make it more complicated. I had to watch it a few times to get it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2006, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I've heard this story a few different ways, but does anyone know if it's in any movies (either acted out or told as a story in the movie)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its in that one Antonio Banderas(sp?) movie...Desparado maybe?