Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 04:08 PM

Default Can anyone convince me to play at PokerStars?

Hi all,

I've been out of the game for a little while and am starting play again. While I was gone, my main site, partypoker, has disappeared to U.S. customers so I'm looking for a new place to call home.

I play mostly mid-limit shorthanded Hold'em. Right now I've been dabbling a bit on FT and ABS. I like them as I get a good rakeback deal and decent bonuses. But the game selection isn't always great.

Are there compelling reasons to play at Stars with no rakeback?
Do they have good bonuses and rewards? Is there anything I should know before (if) I sign up there?

Thanks for any info,
WT
Old 11-17-2006, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Can anyone convince me to play at PokerStars?

Freq Player Points is comperable to RB. i just started there and sucks at getting to platnum VIP level. But once u do if you 3 or 4 table you can get good ammount of pts. The point im makeing is the store is way better then getting some bs jerseys anywhere else. You can buy into WSOP events for example or get cars or even yes, use FPP to play in satelites, that have good pt/$ ratio... But if u cant wait and no roll, the "hidden" rb will not be seen. However FT= rock garden. This post is longer then expected, SEarch for posts that talk about value of PS PTS in terms of RB, they exist... + best customer service ever.
if that dont convince u, go to ABS. or FT on wknds.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone convince me to play at PokerStars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:16 PM

"Freq Player Points is comperable to RB."

not until you're platinum at the bare minimum
Old 11-17-2006, 04:20 PM

Can anyone describe how you go about becoming Platinum? Where do you start, what do you "collect" to move up, and what are the steps along the way? Thanks.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:27 PM

more rake paid = higher vip level

aka

play alot
Old 11-17-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
more rake paid = higher vip level

aka

play alot

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing that sucks is I just started playing on stars in October, I pay close to $10K/month is rake, and I STILL won't be supernova. I can't make it to 100K FPP's by Dec 31st.

And that extra 50% bonus on base fpp's earned does really make a difference.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone describe how you go about becoming Platinum? Where do you start, what do you "collect" to move up, and what are the steps along the way? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get 10k VPP's in a month.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
How Do I Earn Frequent Player Points?
Accumulating Frequent Player Points is as easy as playing poker. For each qualifying raked real money poker hand you play on PokerStars, you earn FPPs. Every time you play real money multi-table poker tournaments that has a tournament fee, you earn FPPs. Every time you play a Sit & Go tournament that include a tournament fee, you earn FPPs.

Important Note: FPPs are credited at the end of a hand. So if you leave a table before the hand is completed, you may not receive the FPP(s) for that hand. To ensure that you are properly credited, please "Sit Out" until the start of the next hand, and then leave the table.

1. Earn FPPs for cash game play
First Frequent Player Point (FPP) is awarded for playing a hand in which the rake reaches:

$0.40 for fixed limit poker games with stakes $1/$2 and lower
$0.40 for NL/PL poker games with blinds $1/$2 and lower
$1.00 for all other games
Second FPP is awarded for playing a hand in which the rake reaches:
$2.00 for all 6-max tables (this doesn't apply for games being played 6- handed at 10/9/8 player tables - just 6-max tables)
$3.00 for all other tables
Third FPP is awarded for playing a hand in which the rake reaches $5.00.

2. Earn FPPs for tournament play
Five (5) FPPs are awarded for each $1 in tournament fees paid.

For example, playing in a poker tournament with $20 buy-in and $2 tournament fee, each player will be awarded 10 FPPs. *Note that partial Frequent Player Points are always rounded to the nearest whole number.

In a $5 buy-in Sit & Go poker tournament with only a $0.50 fee, 3 FPPs (instead of 2.5) will be awarded to each player who played poker in the tournament.

In a $5 buy-in 4-player Heads-Up Sit & Go poker tournament with only a $0.25 fee, 1 FPP (instead of 1.25) will be awarded to each player who played poker in the tournament.

Please note that "FreePlay" tournaments do not award FPPs. You can play poker for fake money at our free tables, but these poker games and tournaments are not part of the PokerStars FPP program.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Being a BronzeStar VIP

Everybody has to start somewhere, and in the PokerStars VIP Club the BronzeStar level is home base. Our BronzeStar level is the standard Frequent Player Program, and it is recognized as the richest rewards program in all of poker. We award more to our BronzeStar players than practically any other poker rewards program on the planet, in the form of freeroll cash tournaments, tournament entries and merchandise. Just because you're starting off as a BronzeStar doesn't mean you can't cash in on some serious rewards.

Anyone who earns less than 1,500 VIP Player Points (VPP)1 in a calendar month is considered a BronzeStar VIP. You still earn Frequent Player Points (FPP) for all your real money play. These FPPs can be used to enter special tournaments or purchase merchandise from our FPP store. As you achieve higher VIP Club levels you will be able to use your FPPs to purchase exclusive merchandise, enter freerolls, or even purchase an entry into the World Series of Poker.

For more information on our BronzeStar or standard Frequent Player Program visit the FPP Store.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Becoming a SilverStar VIP

SilverStar status is granted on a monthly basis. To achieve or maintain the status of SilverStar VIP for a particular month you must earn at least 1,500 VIP Player Points (VPP)1 in that month. However, your SilverStar benefits carry over to the end of the month following the month in which you've earned them.

Example: From July 1st to July 17th, 2006, you earn 1,500 VPPs. You are now a SilverStar VIP and instantly can take advantage of all the SilverStar perks. You will remain a SilverStar through the rest of July and all of August. The VPP counter in your lobby Cashier will reset on August 1st; you then have until August 31st to earn 1,500 VPPs and maintain your SilverStar status, or earn 4,000 VPPs and move up to our elite GoldStar level.

Benefits of being a SilverStar VIP

50% FPP bonus - Frequent Player Points are the heart of the PokerStars VIP Club. You can use them to buy merchandise or enter special freerolls. As a SilverStar VIP you will receive a 50% FPP bonus. So whenever you earn an FPP, we'll credit you with 1.5 FPPs. You'll notice your FPP balance going up 50% faster!

SilverStar FPP store access - All PokerStars players have access to our basic FPP store, where they can buy certain PokerStars merchandise. As a SilverStar VIP you will have the added benefit of purchasing "SilverStar only" merchandise from the VIP FPP store, including silver proof coins, naming your own star, or iPods. What's more, you can use your FPPs to buy tickets to enter the weekly $200+$15 Sunday Million event, $1,000,000 Guaranteed No-Limit Hold'em tournament.

Weekly SilverStar freeroll tournaments - Each week you'll be eligible to play against other PokerStars VIPs (SilverStar and above) for $2,500 in cash. For more details visit VIP Club Freeroll Tournaments.

Monthly VIP freeroll tournaments - Each month, Supernova, PlatinumStar and GoldStar VIPs will have the opportunity to play in a $100,000 freeroll. As a SilverStar VIP member, you can win an entry to this exclusive tournament through FPP satellites.

Use your W$ to buy into televised WSOP preliminary events. Visit a WSOP Frequent Player Point Direct Buy-ins page for details.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Becoming a GoldStar VIP

GoldStar status is granted on a monthly basis. To achieve or maintain the status of GoldStar VIP in a particular month, you must earn at least 4,000 VIP Player Points (VPP)1 in that month. However, your GoldStar status will continue through the month following the month in which you achieve it.

Example: From April 1st through April 23rd, 2006, you earn 4,000 VPPs. You are now a GoldStar VIP and instantly can take advantage of all the GoldStar perks. You will remain a GoldStar through the rest of April and all of May. The VPP counter in your Cashier lobby will reset on May 1st; you then have until May 31st to earn 4,000 VPPs and maintain your GoldStar status or earn 10,000 VPPs and move up to our super-elite PlatinumStar level.

Benefits of being a GoldStar VIP

*Limited Time*
$285 VIP Reward Bonus - GoldStar VIPs may use 25,000 Frequent Player Points to purchase a $285 cash bonus. This offer is only available until December 31, 2006 at which time it will be further reviewed. Visit our FPP store for complete details.

100% FPP bonus - Frequent Player Points are the heart of the PokerStars VIP Club. You can use them to buy merchandise or enter special freerolls. As a GoldStar VIP you will receive a 100% FPP bonus. That's right, every time you earn an FPP, we credit you with two.

GoldStar FPP store access - All PokerStars players have access to our basic FPP store, where they can buy certain PokerStars merchandise. As a GoldStar VIP you will have the added benefit of purchasing "GoldStar only" merchandise at the FPP store (and of course, "SilverStar only" merchandise too).

Weekly GoldStar freeroll tournaments - Each week you'll be eligible to play against other PokerStars VIPs (GoldStar and above) for $5,000 in cash. For more details visit VIP Club Freeroll Tournaments. GoldStar members can also play in the weekly SilverStar $2,500 freeroll tournament.

Monthly VIP freeroll tournaments - Each month, Supernova, Platinum, and GoldStar VIPs will have the opportunity to play in a $100,000 freeroll.

Use FPPs to enter regular PokerStars tournaments - PokerStars runs several tournaments with Frequent Player Point buy-ins each day, but now our GoldStar VIPs can buy tickets to enter the monthly $500+$30 $1,000,000 Guaranteed No-Limit Hold'em tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Becoming a PlatinumStar VIP

PlatinumStar status is granted on a monthly basis. To achieve or maintain the status of PlatinumStar VIP during a particular month, you must earn at least 10,000 VIP Player Points(VPP)1 during that month. However, your PlatinumStar status continues through the end of the month following the one in which you qualify.

Example: Between November 1st, 2006 and November 13th, 2006 you earn 10,000 VPPs. You are now a PlatinumStar VIP and instantly can take advantage of all the PlatinumStar perks. You will remain a PlatinumStar through November and December. The VPP counter in your Cashier lobby will reset on December 1st; you then have until December 31st to earn 10,000 VPPs and maintain your PlatinumStar status.

Benefits of being a PlatinumStar VIP

*Limited Time*
$650 VIP Reward Bonus - PlatinumStar VIPs may use 50,000 Frequent Player Points to purchase a $650 cash bonus. This offer is only available until December 31, 2006 at which time it will be further reviewed. Visit our FPP store for complete details.

150% FPP bonus - Frequent Player Points are the heart of the PokerStars VIP Club. Use them to buy merchandise or enter special freerolls. As a PlatinumStar VIP, you will receive a 150% FPP bonus with every FPP you earn. For instance, if you earn 50 FPPs during a specific hour, we'll actually credit you with 125.

PlatinumStar FPP store access - All PokerStars players have access to our basic FPP store, where they can buy certain PokerStars merchandise. As a PlatinumStar VIP, you will have the added benefit of purchasing the SilverStar and GoldStar items in the FPP store as well as exclusive access to PlatinumStar merchandise.

Weekly PlatinumStar freeroll tournaments - Each week you'll be eligible to play against other PokerStars VIPs (PlatinumStar and above) for $7,500 in cash. For more details visit VIP Club Freeroll Tournaments.

Monthly VIP freeroll tournaments - Each month, Supernova, Platinum, and GoldStar VIPs will have the opportunity to play in a $100,000 freeroll.

Use FPPs to enter major poker tournaments - PokerStars runs several tournaments with Frequent Player Point buy-ins each day, but our PlatinumStar VIPs can enter even more tournaments with FPPs. Now you can use FPPs to enter a wide array of major events, from the World Championship of Online Poker, to the European Poker Tour, to preliminary events for the World Series of Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Becoming a Supernova VIP

Unlike our PlatinumStar, GoldStar and SilverStar levels, which are assigned according to monthly play, Supernova status is achieved as a player's VPP points accumulate annually. Once you reach the pinnacle of our VIP Club, you will have plenty of time to enjoy the pleasure of being a Supernova VIP.

To earn the rank of a Supernova VIP you must accumulate 100,000 VIP Player Points (VPPs 1) during the calendar year (January 1st through December 31st). Once you have earned the required VPPs you're a Supernova through at least the end of January of the following year. In addition, we will extend your status on a month-by-month basis from February through the end of June, provided you continue to earn at least 10,000 VPPs every month, missing no more than one month of 10,000 VPP accrual.

Examples:

A Supernova does not earn 10k VPP in either January or February following their qualification year. Their Supernova status expires at the end of February.
A Supernova does not earn 10k VPP in January, but does in February and March: If they do not earn 10k VPP in April, their Supernova status ends on April 30th (as they have missed two months, January and April).
A Supernova earns 10k VPP in January and February, misses March, but earns 10k VPP in April and May. Their Supernova status continues through the end of June.
A Supernova earns 10k VPP in January and February, then passes 100k VPP in March. Their Supernova status extends until at least the end of February in the following year.

Note: Supernova members who do not play at all for six months will no longer retain access to the Supernova FPP store.

Benefits of being a Supernova VIP

*Limited Time*
$1,500 VIP Reward Bonus - Supernova VIPs may use 100,000 Frequent Player Points to purchase a $1,500 cash bonus. This offer is only available until December 31, 2006 at which time it will be further reviewed. Visit our FPP store for complete details.

250% FPP bonus - Frequent Player Points are the heart of the PokerStars VIP Club. Use them to buy merchandise, enter freerolls, or to buy into live and online tournaments. As a Supernova VIP you will receive a 250% FPP bonus. Every time you get an FPP, we'll actually credit your account with 3.5 FPPs. If over a ten minute period, you earn eight FPPs, your account will go up by 28 FPPs!

Supernova FPP store access - Every PokerStars player has access to our basic FPP store, where they can buy selected PokerStars merchandise. Supernova VIPs have free reign to shop at all levels of the VIP FPP Store. This includes exclusive Supernova-only items reserved for our most elite players.

Weekly Supernova freeroll tournaments - VIP Club Supernova members will begin playing weekly $10,000 freeroll tournaments beginning April 1st, 2006. The freeroll amount will increase by $2000 every month until December 2006, at which point supernova members will play for $26,000 per week. For more details visit VIP Club Freeroll Tournaments.

Monthly VIP Tournaments - Each month, Supernova, PlatinumStar, and GoldStar VIPs will have the opportunity to play in a $100,000 freeroll. SilverStar VIPs can win an entry to this exclusive tournament through FPP satellites, but only Supernova, PlatinumStar, and GoldStar VIPs are guaranteed spots in the tournament.

Use FPPs to buy into major tournaments - Only Supernova VIPs will have the ability to use their FPPs to buy into major online and live poker tournaments. Those events include the World Series of Poker main event, PokerStars Caribbean Adventure, European Poker Tour events and PokerStars' World Championship of Online Poker. Visit our VIP FPP store for pricing on major event FPP direct buy-ins.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 PM

Poker Stars FPP program is a pain in the arse. Why join a site that offers stuff that are COMPARABLE to RB, when you can get RB from every other site and some sites offer RB and bonuses that add up to about about 90 percent RB or even more.