Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 01:53 AM

Default KQs heeellpp

Villain in this hand is like 33/17 or so, he is the most aggressive player at the table and the bluffiest postflop, nothing too crazy though and he seems pretty good. I don't take his coldcall of the pre-flop 3-bet to mean a huge hand with these stacks. Oh also my image is laggy and my 3-betting range is pretty wide

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($2794.50)
UTG ($970)
MP ($2499.65)
CO ($975)
Button ($1721.50)
Hero ($1666)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $40</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $130</font>, BB calls $120, MP calls $90.

Flop: ($390) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $150</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $150.

Turn: ($690) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $320</font>

Comments everywhere appreciated. I kind of confused myself with my flop check, I guess I wanted it to get checked around...not sure what to do now
Old 11-15-2006, 02:02 AM

Default Re: KQs heeellpp

To start with....how about not raising over 3 times what he bet preflop with King high
Old 11-15-2006, 02:03 AM

out of position I might add.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To start with....how about not raising over 3 times what he bet preflop with King high

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, I usually minraise in this spot to see where I'm at.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you guys talking about, villain is a 32/17, his 3bet and amount were fine.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you guys talking about, villain is a 32/17, his 3bet and amount were fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear, villain in this hand is the bb, he coldcalled the reraise, original raiser folded the flop. Anyway I'm not worried about pf, and it's pretty clear that kinggordy is joking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2006, 02:21 AM

Looking at this hand again it might not be that interesting, for some reason I also thought his bet sizing was larger on the flop and turn during the actual hand. I think I got overwhelmed trying to 6 table. Looking at it now his play looks a lot less like a bluff then I had though, look forward to hearing more responses though.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:20 AM

paul allen is wrong and I'm pretty sure KingGordy is kidding, I don't think AK is in his range b/c I think this type of player is pushing AK here pf (although I was not @ the table and do not have my own read)
Old 11-15-2006, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
paul allen is wrong and I'm pretty sure KingGordy is kidding, I don't think AK is in his range b/c I think this type of player is pushing AK here pf (although I was not @ the table and do not have my own read)

[/ QUOTE ]

He is 250bb deep, pushing is a really bad play IMO with AK and I don't think he would make it.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:06 AM

Ignore that guy your 3bet was fine. This is a really really hard spot you're in though. I would have avoided it with a c-bet, as played I would call and c/f the river if he pushes as there are a lot of hands he has that check behind the river.. That may not be correct though.