Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2006, 04:05 AM

Default rocky...6??

so they're filming some scenes from rocky 6 right around the corner from my row home in good ol' south philly.

i saw sylvester stallone storm out of what will be known as "adrian's" in the movie, but in reality its the victor cafe (12 & dickinson), for one of the scenes. they have the area seriously blocked off with cops and security, so i am 0/3 for attempts to sneak on to the set and be a background extra or something. which is kind of unfortunate cuz i was looking foward to it all.

i guess im wondering, what the hell will be the rocky 6 story line? i mean, they already did the scenario where he trains some dude to be a fighter, so in 6 what does he do? come out of retirement as an old man?

so whats everybody's favorite rocky and favorite rocky line? i always liked dolph lundren's line: i will break you, in 4 and mac's line in 1 where he was like "...because i didnt have a manager!!!!"

so is there really a necessity for this movie btw?
Old 02-01-2006, 04:15 AM

Default Re: rocky...6??

I think in this one, he trains a woman, but then has to kill her in the end.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:20 AM

that sounds like an awesome idea to spend millions of dollars towards.

i also thought about visiting the catering truck for free food.

anybody have any thoughts on how to smuggle myself into the movie production?
Old 02-01-2006, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
favorite rocky line?

[/ QUOTE ]
"my prediction? pain!"

that can also apply to rocky 6 itself.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:19 AM

They filmed at a Vegas fight earlier this year, Rocky is fighting some pro boxer. There are photos of it on AICN
Old 02-01-2006, 04:20 AM

Plot Summary for
Rocky Balboa (2007)
Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) has now been retired for some time, but hard-up for money, he decides to step back into the ring against a few small-time boxers. Everything changes, though, when Rocky is offered the opportunity to step in with the reigning Heavyweight Champion, Mason "The Line" Dixon. Does Rocky still have what it takes to make another Championship comeback??

Summary written by CKV

Rocky Balboa is now a fifty-something widower running a small restaurant in Philadelphia. Meanwhile, the World Boxing Heavyweight Champion, Mason "The Line" Dixon is the dominant force within his sport. Lonely, Rocky feels the ring beckon him once more and he knows he must return to the sport that he loves.

Summary written by JesusFan

'Rocky Balboa' examines one of America's greatest icons at a vulnerable period in his life--middle age. A former heavyweight boxing champion, known and renown throughout the world for going the distance, Rocky finds a new venture: giving back to his community. This is where he, once more, finds himself at the opposing side of opportunity, not unlike the one he has seen decades ago. Heavyweight champ Mason Dixon and his representation offer Rocky a shot for the title. For Balboa, it'll be one last hurrah he'll never forget.....but with his glory days far behind him can he withstand the inevitabilities of what's to come? A look at going full circle and wanting more, when life turns out how you least expect it and then some.

Summary written by balboa82

The further adventures of Rocky Balboa continue with this sixth installment of the Rocky saga. Rocky, now a lonely 60-year-old widower, is offered a chance to fight the newest (albeit fictional) world heavyweight boxing champion Mason "The Line" Dixon. Although encouraged by his management to "Go for it!" Rocky initially declines and catches flack from everyone. Rocky eventually decides to do it just to compete, but not necessarily to win.

Summary written by Michael D.

These were on IMDB. Wow 60 years old.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:22 AM

ahhh, that explain's all these scenes outside "adrian's". it was funny, at one point one of the lights broke on the make shift sign and someone yelled out, "yo adrian!". it looked like the thing might've caught on fire (it was raining etc)
Old 02-01-2006, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Summary written by CKV

Rocky Balboa is now a fifty-something widower running a small restaurant in Philadelphia. Meanwhile, the World Boxing Heavyweight Champion, Mason "The Line" Dixon is the dominant force within his sport. Lonely, Rocky feels the ring beckon him once more and he knows he must return to the sport that he loves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the rye or the kaiser
They're on special tonight
If you want, you can have an appetizer
You might like our salami and the liver's all right
And they'd really go well with the rye
Or the kaiser

Rye or the Kaiser

ScottieK
Old 02-01-2006, 11:23 AM

I remember reading some fake internet draft when Rocky 6 was first announced. It had Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago as his trainers and managers and Tyson playing Mason The Line Dixon. It would have been pure comedic gold.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so whats everybody's favorite rocky and favorite rocky line? i always liked dolph lundren's line: i will break you, in 4 and mac's line in 1 where he was like "...because i didnt have a manager!!!!"

so is there really a necessity for this movie btw?

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite Rocky is the first one, but my favorite line may be from III, right before Rocky goes in for the first Lang fight:

Mickey: Whattaya mean you don't know what to do? After all these years, you don't know what to do? Now get out there and do it!