Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 05:16 PM

Default How long does it take you to fall asleep?

From the time you go to bed. I've realized that it usually takes me around an hour to fall asleep (obviously being very drunk or tired are exeptions), and I have no idea if this is normal. Actually, when I was little, I think I figured it was something I'd grow out of when I became an adult. But I haven't thought about this for a while since then.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Re: How long does it take you to fall asleep?

If it takes me longer than like 3 minutes its because im watching a movie or reading while in bed.

No idea why anyone would lay in bed longer than 15 minutes. but then I dont have a lifestyle where I have to get up at a certain time, so I dont feel any pressure to go to bed at a certain, so I guess im lucky that way. But still...who the [censored] lays in bed for more than 2 hours??
Old 11-09-2006, 05:35 PM

I used to have real problems sleeping in high school/college and it would take me 1-2 hours to fall asleep once I got in bed on a regular basis. Now I am a lot more busy (and older) so it takes me 15-30 minutes max.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:37 PM

Less than 5 minutes usually, but I take sleeping pills a lot of the time.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:38 PM

No more than 10 minutes. I try not to go to bed until I am tired enough to actually fall asleep. But if I fall asleep and get woken up after a few minutes, it seems to take me forever to fall back asleep.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:40 PM

i go to bed when im sleepy so it takes me less than 5 minutes. my wife thinks that im weird in some way because after we lay down and get settled in(if we go to bed at the same time that night) i say good night and turn over onto my side away from her and am asleep in seconds. ill say goodnight im about to fall asleep and will turn over and be asleep 5 seconds later.

speaking of sleeping. several times in the 7 years my wife and i have been together i have fallen asleep while shes reading and started to have a nightmare of some kind. in my dream ill know im dreaming and that my wife is awake and ill start making weird noises with my mouth closed because i cant move. im basically yelling from my dream and doing the best i can to get her attention in the real world so she will wake me up. she will hear me after a bit and shake me to wake me up. once im awake shell say "nightmare?" and ill say "yeah thanks for waking me up" and then ill go back to sleep. she thinks thats the weirdest think ever that i can know im dreaming. we get a good laugh out of it the next morning because she says i sound like a dog whining when i do that.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

speaking of sleeping. several times in the 7 years my wife and i have been together i have fallen asleep while shes reading and started to have a nightmare of some kind. in my dream ill know im dreaming and that my wife is awake and ill start making weird noises with my mouth closed because i cant move. im basically yelling from my dream and doing the best i can to get her attention in the real world so she will wake me up. she will hear me after a bit and shake me to wake me up. once im awake shell say "nightmare?" and ill say "yeah thanks for waking me up" and then ill go back to sleep. she thinks thats the weirdest think ever that i can know im dreaming. we get a good laugh out of it the next morning because she says i sound like a dog whining when i do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really interesting that you can be aware of the fact that you're having a nightmare and do something about it in real life while in your dream state, but not do something about it in the nightmare itself. Usually, when I'm aware of the fact that I'm dreaming, I am able to control myself in the dream.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it takes me longer than like 3 minutes its because im watching a movie or reading while in bed.

No idea why anyone would lay in bed longer than 15 minutes. but then I dont have a lifestyle where I have to get up at a certain time, so I dont feel any pressure to go to bed at a certain, so I guess im lucky that way. But still...who the [censored] lays in bed for more than 2 hours??

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really have to get up at a certain time either, as my classes are in the afternoon and I usually skip them anyway. But if I waited until I was tired each time before going to bed, my sleeping time would be pushed up a few hours every day. Is this what you do? That doesn't seem very practical.

And I've definitely had multiple occasions where I layed in bed for over 2 hours. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really have to get up at a certain time either, as my classes are in the afternoon and I usually skip them anyway. But if I waited until I was tired each time before going to bed, my sleeping time would be pushed up a few hours every day. Is this what you do? That doesn't seem very practical.

And I've definitely had multiple occasions where I layed in bed for over 2 hours. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is basically my sleep schedule. But I have to wake up at 8:30am every morning for work. So I force myself to get into bed at 12:30am, at the latest, and end up reading or laying there for about 45min-1hr. If I stayed awake until I was tired, my sleep time would be pushed to 6am in about 3 days.

Of course, it is SO DIFFICULT to wake up in the mornings, even when I get 8 hours of sleep. It sucks.

DN
Old 11-09-2006, 06:05 PM

I'd guess my record is 45 seconds or so. I've had times where i'll put on some music, and getting through a 4 minute long song feels like a long time just laying there.