Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 04:00 PM

Default over-complimicating a simple one

Shortstack is a shortstack...bit of an idiot...knew he would call whatever i bet. I only had a few hands on the button...seemed better than average.

Afterwards, I didn't like the size of my flop reraise, for some reason this one is bothering me...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($53.90)
MP ($9.70)
CO ($8.45)
Button ($25.25)
SB ($32.40)
Hero ($24.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $3.25</font>, CO folds, Button calls $3.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...
Old 11-06-2006, 04:07 PM

Default Re: over-complimicating a simple one

After MP raises, you need to get it in. You don't want to see another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and face the possibility of the A beating you, and that could be either MP or BTN, who covers.

The pot is already a decent size, and your hand isn't getting any better, only others' are. Easy push.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:25 PM

Question: What kinds of hands would limp preflop and raise/call this flop? A smaller flush? The nutflush obviously. The naked A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? A weirdly played set?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question: What kinds of hands would limp preflop and raise/call this flop? A smaller flush? The nutflush obviously. The naked A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? A weirdly played set?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, yes, yes, yes, + two pair + TPGK
Old 11-06-2006, 05:25 PM

I did push, without much thinking, but I think it was a mistake...I'm pretty sure I learned something from this hand.

Is a push best considering i feel the MP will call anysize bet and I would like to maximize value yet not give good odds aginst the button? Anybody?
Old 11-06-2006, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is a push best considering i feel the MP will call anysize bet and I would like to maximize value yet not give good odds aginst the button? Anybody?

[/ QUOTE ]
A push is best because if you don't, there are 6.02e23 turn cards that will leave your privates waving in the breeze, wondering what to do. How good will you feel about waiting to the turn to push if it brings another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? If it pairs the board?

Your hand doesn't want to see any more cards. Get the money in right now. Let the set, two pair, or dry A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] make the mistake of calling you.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:31 PM

It's not a mistake to push here - you have to push here. If you got beaten or they all folded, it's bad luck - not a bad play.