Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 12:48 PM

Default What do you hate about Poker Tracker?

I'm developing a web based poker analysis product similar to what Poker Tracker provides for your PC.

My question is this: What do you hate about Poker Tracker? What do you wish it did but doesn't do?

My goal is to make this a free product where usage is throttled in a similar manner to Gmail (you have to be invited to get in, and each person only gets X number of invites at a time).

Thanks for any response. It's much easier to build features in ahead of time instead of doing so after the fact. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2006, 12:52 PM

Default Re: What do you hate about Poker Tracker?

One database for HORSE instead of 3.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:17 PM

The ridiculous slowness of importing hands.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2006, 01:45 PM

Performance. It's slow.

Windows only. I want to run it on a Mac and/or Linux.

Analysis tool is the same program as the import tool. There's three basic components. Importing hands into the database. The database itself. The analysis and reporting tool. I shouldn't have to run any more than one of those on any one machine. e.g., I'd love to have just a hand importer running while I datamine and/or play, then open up the full PT style tool later for session analysis, etc..
Old 10-24-2006, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Analysis tool is the same program as the import tool. There's three basic components. Importing hands into the database. The database itself. The analysis and reporting tool. I shouldn't have to run any more than one of those on any one machine. e.g., I'd love to have just a hand importer running while I datamine and/or play, then open up the full PT style tool later for session analysis, etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also thought about this. Having PT auto-import while playing is making my (decent) computer almost unusable at times.

How about an open source PT importer that doesn't kill the CPU? I'll pay at least $50 for that.

Adde
Old 10-24-2006, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How about an open source PT importer that doesn't kill the CPU? I'll pay at least $50 for that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2006, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also thought about this. Having PT auto-import while playing is making my (decent) computer almost unusable at times.

Adde

[/ QUOTE ]

Paying for Open Source? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2006, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paying for Open Source? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What ever, don't get stuck on semantics. Either way it gets done, I'm happy. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Adde
Old 10-25-2006, 02:37 PM

I have used PT for over a year and in general it serves me (for $55 I'll take it). However:

1) Users shouldn't have to set up individual DBs to segregate data. I.e., Because I want my 6-man game data viewed differently than my 10-man data I have set up discrete DB's for each. This is onerous and mistake prone - and forces me to play one or the other at one time. There are times I would like to view all of $5/$10 data at one time to gauge an opponents post flop aggression - and I can't do this. There should be 1 DB with ability to view data by any combination of game size, limit amount or NL, date range, etc. This also affects a prior discussion about efficiency. If there is to be 1 DB - it had better be fast.
Note that on my HP dual processor PC I am now avoiding the previous 10-15 second lockup I had been experiencing when importing data, auto-rating players, and playing at the same time.

2) The PT window for assessing the data on each player at a table could be improved. I understand there is another tool that overlays the data on the tables themselves - if this is automated so much the better. The data itself is incomplete. I consider post flop aggression data to be crucial. It should be summarized for each level (flop, turn, river, and total) and made visible.

3) Configuring the rating of players is limited to 14 icons (I believe). I could use at least 6 more that I would like to define. I'm sure somebody would make the argument for double the existing number...
Old 10-25-2006, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have used PT for over a year and in general it serves me (for $55 I'll take it). However:

1) Users shouldn't have to set up individual DBs to segregate data. I.e., Because I want my 6-man game data viewed differently than my 10-man data I have set up discrete DB's for each. This is onerous and mistake prone - and forces me to play one or the other at one time. There are times I would like to view all of $5/$10 data at one time to gauge an opponents post flop aggression - and I can't do this. There should be 1 DB with ability to view data by any combination of game size, limit amount or NL, date range, etc. This also affects a prior discussion about efficiency. If there is to be 1 DB - it had better be fast.
Note that on my HP dual processor PC I am now avoiding the previous 10-15 second lockup I had been experiencing when importing data, auto-rating players, and playing at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the preference tab