Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Party Poker: Cheque-raiser (return of the tickets-promotions?)

From October 19 to 23 Party Poker will be running a promotion that has a slight resemblence to the "ticket promotions". This time they are counting raked hands, and will award cash on a daily basis. They say that this time, we will be able to track our progress, but given their history, I somehow doubt that this will be accurate.

Linky:
http://www.partypoker.com/news/items...om=pp1plp117CR

I remember that there were some pretty accurate predictions as to how many tickets would be needed to finish in the upper brackets in the "ticket promotions".

I haven't been playing on Party since "Banning Friday", so I'm pretty out of touch with the games there. I hope that someone more in touch with the Party reality will post some thoughts and/or predictions.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Party Poker: Cheque-raiser (return of the tickets-promotions?)

they limited the nr of tables to 6 so with 9 hours 6-tabeling sh in a row you should be fine
Old 10-17-2006, 12:55 PM

Hmmm, I guess I were bound to pick up SH FL at some point anyway...
Old 10-17-2006, 04:30 PM

Yeah, might just 6 table a couple of these dates all day and grab $100+ each time.

SSNL still appears to be soft, and with plenty of players. Don't know about the rest.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:33 PM

Actually this is the old Lucy Jones Bonanza promotion. They tell you which level you are at and how many hands you are behind the next higher level. Results will be updated every 15 minutes via the drop down menus.

6 Max tables amassed more raked hand in. Limit gets more hands in per hour than NL. Wish I could enter. Top ten will be those who can pee in the gatorade bottle. It should not be difficult to get top 30 or top 60 if you have this desire.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:11 PM

I finished top 15 in the ticketspromo and im going for top 10 every day in this, lets see how that goes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2006, 01:21 AM

Yeah, thinking about how long it takes to play each hand, this is [censored] for NL compared to Limit players. Yet again.

Why do NL players always get [censored] over on points systems, and then this comes along? I wonder how I'll do 6 tabling short handed NL... I guess I'll find out on Thursday.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:24 AM

is this any rake? i.e. is it +EV to drop down to the lowest possible level and play the highest number of tables

(more tables = less concentration = more mistakes, so lower limits better?)

Or is it a case than unless you play at a limit where every hand is raked, you don't stand a chance of finishing in the money?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:24 AM

Any rake, but I'm not moving down any limits for this. I guess I could play Limit again if I really wanted $150 each time I try this (I can play 8 tables let alone 6 for 8 hours straight without a break, as I'm sure many of us here can) but I can't be dealing with minbet poker any more now I've known the wonders of SSNL. No doubt I'll end up dropping a small fortune now I've said that, and won't make much anyway owing to table speeds at NL compared to Limit.

Here's the extract: "If you're one of the top 300 players (in terms of raked hands) to play on our real money tables on any day during the promotion, you could win up to $300."