Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 12:37 PM

Default Five Guys Burgers

I love this place.

The menu is simple: You can get a burger or a double burger with basically whatever you want on it. Only other thing on the menu is a hot dog and of course their amazing fries.

Being an east coast guy, I've never been to an In-and-Out Burger so I can't make that comparison, but Five Guys is by far the best burger joint I've been to and it has basically killed my appetite for lesser fast food burgers and fries.

Any other 5 guys lovers out there? And for those fortunate enough to have eaten at 5 guys and In-and-Out ... how do they compare?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Five Guys Burgers

Five Guys seems massively overhyped to me, but it could be because I made the mistake of going to the one in Georgetown and I was sober. I didn't realize it was going to be the kind of party where you wait around for an hour for a mediocre burger. Rather bizarrely, one recently opened near my parent's house in upstate NY, and my sister tells me it's quite good.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:48 PM

Waiting an hour for a hamburger would probably put a damper on it no matter how good it was sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Their fries certainly put the crap from McDs to shame at the very least.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Five Guys seems massively overhyped to me, but it could be because I made the mistake of going to the one in Georgetown and I was sober. I didn't realize it was going to be the kind of party where you wait around for an hour for a mediocre burger. Rather bizarrely, one recently opened near my parent's house in upstate NY, and my sister tells me it's quite good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this assessment

When I first got to Blacksburg I was nuts about this place but the novelty wore off after 9 months or so when I figured out their burgers aren't that much better than average.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:45 PM

Where are you from? I thought it was just a local restaurant.

I went in there once. There was a hair in my burger, and a hair in someone else's fries. I hate how they give you everything in a brown bag. They could at least have trays if you are going to eat in the restaurant.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:47 PM

it's good but i like in-n-out better
Old 10-13-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so at first as well, I first heard about them when they opened a store in Blacksburg, VA and figured they were just trying to keep all the NoVa kids at VT happy. Then I realized there was one in Salem, VA. Now I've moved to Charlotte and found 2 nearby. I looked at their website and they seem to be expanding pretty fast and have locations all along the East Coast from Florida to Connecticut.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so at first as well, I first heard about them when they opened a store in Blacksburg, VA and figured they were just trying to keep all the NoVa kids at VT happy. Then I realized there was one in Salem, VA. Now I've moved to Charlotte and found 2 nearby. I looked at their website and they seem to be expanding pretty fast and have locations all along the East Coast from Florida to Connecticut.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's one in White Marsh, MD (baltimore). I try not to go there during rush lunch time, or you'll spend 30 minutes waiting for your burger.

I like them. I don't think they're anything special, but it beats any burger I can get fast.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:05 PM

I go to school in Indiana, Pennsylvania, so there is another one on the map. I don't think it is ever that full though.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:09 PM

I believe all locations take fax orders...if you don't feel like waiting, fax ahead and it'll be waiting for you.