Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 11:31 AM

Default Damn this is so crazy

I wanted to find out about the legal horse racing done in the USA that is apparently just fine by Mr. Frist and his right wing republican lunatics. I have never even bet on horses in real life and don't really know anything about it, so I searched for some of the horse racing sites and this makes me so freaking mad when I go to some of their sites! Damn it if you go to the horse racing websites (like the famous youbet.com) right on the top in big letters it says "US based and licensed, NASDAQ listed." How in the motherfunking world can you have a legal licensed US BASED website that lets you bet on motherfreaking horses running around a track - but you can't play poker! There is more damn skill in playing poker than trying to decide if Pretty Pony is going to beat Lucky Lappy in the Fifth at the track today. Damn the WTO or somebody with power has got to point out the insane crazyness of this US gaming nonsense! Please excuse the venting but damn I am so mad at this nonsense........
Old 10-07-2006, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Damn this is so crazy

yup, pretty crazy.

any wonder why exporting this type of "democracy" has never worked . . .
Old 10-07-2006, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yup, pretty crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's vote:

Poker

Me- Y
Jesus- N
Allah- NO

Playing the ponies

Me- Take it or leave it
Jesus- Praise the lord
Allah- JIHAD

Killing babies for oil

Me- Who cares
Jesus- I'm all for it
Allah- Now we're talkin
Old 10-08-2006, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yup, pretty crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Federalism" is slightly different than democracy. It's also what a lot of users on this forum mistake for facism. It also makes for a very confusing society to live in. On the one hand, they want us to work, make a living, provide for ourselves and our own, etc etc; BUT... anyway this is for Politics Forum. I'll stop now.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:16 PM

seems XX give Mr.X XX million $ and party dont [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. Or Mr.X go short on Party last week [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2006, 12:23 PM

Knowing the Republicans, they all shorted Party then rammed the bill through profiting. We can only hope this comes out.

Nothing will shock me anymore after Mark Foley.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:43 PM

This is what has really been bothering me the most about this whole situation. How and why is betting on horses specifically excluded in this legislation? Hmmm...let's see...the breeding, maintaining, and the attending of a horse race is a more "upper-class" activity and I would bet that most of these senators either own or know somebody who owns/breeds/races horses. It wouldn't supprise me if Bill Frist himself is involved with the racing/breeding of horses and benefits directly from gambling on horseraces.

WTF is the difference between betting on a horse and the Colts and even better poker? Grrrr...all just very frustrating. I've been trying to find the committee reports (if there are any to begin with) on this issue to understand the intent of Congress. It's so hard to keep up with all these threads on the issue so if they have already been posted could someone direct me, and if not when I find them I will post them if there is anything interesting.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:56 PM

Relax dude. Take a deeeeep breath and please don't go postal. I am not a lawyer and know next to nothing about law but it was stated in an earlier thread why horse racing was exempted in the bill. The Federal Government would like to use horse racing to prove the legitmacy of the wire act and that horse racing violates the wire act. I think they are using horse racing in their case with the WTO.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:20 PM

it isnt crazy, Horse Racing is licenced, taxed, and regulated in the US.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:24 PM

...but you can still can't tell if the person betting through the internet is "13 or 35" as Bill Frist states as one of his reasons against internet gambling in his first person perspective article.