Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 04:02 PM

Default We\'re looking into offering the unmentionable. =)

Hi folks,

We're looking into offering the unmentionable, but I need some assistance in learning the ropes of 'that which cannot be named'.

We have a ton of promotions on the site that we're offering to players currently unlike any other site, so whatever we offer has to take some of that into account.

Thoughts? Hints? Suggestions of places to contact?

Doug
Old 10-05-2006, 04:28 PM

Default Re: We\'re looking into offering the unmentionable. =)

Hey Doug,

First you can say rakeback here, its the rakeback forum.

As getting rakeback off the ground goes here are a few suggestions. First figure out a way to pay players automatically in your system if you do not have that already. You will be much more likely to get affiliates to go for promoting it if it does not require the extra work of doing the transfers.

Also figuring out a way to allow affiliates to datamine the individual trackers (or however else you would track it) so they may include it in their player login live stats.

Figure out a percent that you feel is the percent affiliates should offer and a decent cut for their work. A public cap has prevented affiliate issues too at some rooms and might be considered. I know you already have an affiliate program so you have already decided what deductions are made for MGR. It will be important to disclose all deductions up front (bonuses, transaction fees, gold cards etc) this way noone is surprised later.

I'm not sure how to go about contacting affiliates. I used to get a massive amount of spam from affiliate managers when I ran RRR and it pissed me off because I was not an affiliate. As for actual affiliates I'm not sure if they consider emailing them about a new potential offering is spam, my guess is that there would be many on both sites.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said he was talking about rakeback?

Fake id's
Hookers
Blow
Domestic internet gambling site

All those above come to mind [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Doug,

As getting rakeback off the ground goes here are a few suggestions. First figure out a way to pay players automatically in your system if you do not have that already. You will be much more likely to get affiliates to go for promoting it if it does not require the extra work of doing the transfers.

Also figuring out a way to allow affiliates to datamine the individual trackers (or however else you would track it) so they may include it in their player login live stats.

Figure out a percent that you feel is the percent affiliates should offer and a decent cut for their work. A public cap has prevented affiliate issues too at some rooms and might be considered. I know you already have an affiliate program so you have already decided what deductions are made for MGR. It will be important to disclose all deductions up front (bonuses, transaction fees, gold cards etc) this way noone is surprised later.

I'm not sure how to go about contacting affiliates. I used to get a massive amount of spam from affiliate managers when I ran RRR and it pissed me off because I was not an affiliate. As for actual affiliates I'm not sure if they consider emailing them about a new potential offering is spam, my guess is that there would be many on both sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn good data, PA!

With this US crap, Cake's sticking with our US players instead of booting them to the curb. Of course, we're only talking a few hundred at this point, but once we came out and said we were staying around, we got a bunch of new inquiries, but mostly from RB folks.

Cake didn't want to play in that pond directly, but rather give rakeback with our Gold Cards in a much more fun fashion, but I know RB players strictly want to look at % for play. We've already got a direct pay into player accounts with our Share Cake program and RB managers will find we can build just about anything into our reporting, since we're the same people who built this site.

The real question comes down to % though. I know Tilt hits players for everything and the kitchen sink when it comes to deductions from rake, whereas Absolute lets the players off scott free. Our Gold Card program puts us in a tight position because we designed it to be generous and we can't backpeddle on that, so it's going to have to get carved-out from the player's rake. We have players earning $200-600 a month on Gold Cards and do allow that PLUS RB would be rough.

We're going to be completely open with the RB sites about this and report it directly to them. I'm still piecing together what the different sites offer/do.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:36 PM

The gold card bonuses being deducted would be expected I would think. What would you do with players that have already signed up? One of the issues that gets created when a site decides to start offering rakeback is that it can alienate existing players. Some sites have allowed players to create a second account or be moved to a rakeback program in the past. Other sites do not allow that. Just something else to think about. Players do not like the feeling of being punished for signing up before rakeback was offered.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:44 PM

All points made have been good. I would also add that you should consider counting tournaments in rakeback. Some rooms do, some don't, and I could never figure out why.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:20 PM

This is a very important consideration! I know your player base is canadian, and they have built up from freerolls, so you have loyal players, but it is important that any player who contacts you and ASKS...and affiliate who insists on keeping more than 10% rake after six months or so is being greedy IMO.
'

[ QUOTE ]
The gold card bonuses being deducted would be expected I would think. What would you do with players that have already signed up? One of the issues that gets created when a site decides to start offering rakeback is that it can alienate existing players. Some sites have allowed players to create a second account or be moved to a rakeback program in the past. Other sites do not allow that. Just something else to think about. Players do not like the feeling of being punished for signing up before rakeback was offered.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-06-2006, 12:11 AM

I seriously dont think Cake needs a RB program. You are giving lots of great promotions and you should keep it this way. I personally like the site just the way it is.

cheers
Boon
Old 10-14-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you do with players that have already signed up? One of the issues that gets created when a site decides to start offering rakeback is that it can alienate existing players. Some sites have allowed players to create a second account or be moved to a rakeback program in the past. Other sites do not allow that. Just something else to think about. Players do not like the feeling of being punished for signing up before rakeback was offered.

[/ QUOTE ]

I brought this up in one of your other threads as the reason I would not be signing up yet. Would I be able to get rakeback once it starts if I sign up now?
Old 10-14-2006, 09:36 PM

What's the traffic like at the .5/1 and 1/2 NL games? Is there six max?