Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 07:14 PM

Default Cake Poker Reload

100% up to $500
Use bonus code SEPT100
16.67 points are needed for each $1 in bonus money (each point accumulated is worth $0.06).
Valid until September 30th at 8:00 PM ET
Bonus released in increments of $5
Bonus expires after 90 days
Old 09-26-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Cake Poker Reload

who what?
Old 09-26-2006, 07:54 PM

cakepoker.com

They have a $500 signup bonus and now they are offering a $500 reload too.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cakepoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Do they also have a ton of weirdass promotions involving cards as well as a small player base? I'm in....
Old 10-07-2006, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cakepoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Do they also have a ton of weirdass promotions involving cards as well as a small player base? I'm in....

[/ QUOTE ]

Grummin, I hate to disrespect your site, especially since you've taken an active role in answering questions here, but I thought the exact same thing as the above.

I couldn't figure out the promo so I did what most do in that situation and left. I think you're on the right track by attempting to offer promos that inject a little bit of a luck factor in addition to rewarding play, but we need to understand it. In general, we'd like to be able to say, "I can average about 'x' an hour in bonus just by playing here."

As far as rakeback, you don't need it * IF * your bonuses and promos are better than playing on a site that does offer it. That's key. I admit to playing off a bonus or two on PokerRoom just because it was worthwhile and I hate that frigging site.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:54 AM

How are the gold cards distributed? I played the same player heads up and 3 gold cards popped up during the session and all 3 went to the other player.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cakepoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Grummin, I hate to disrespect your site, especially since you've taken an active role in answering questions here, but I thought the exact same thing as the above.

I couldn't figure out the promo so I did what most do in that situation and left. I think you're on the right track by attempting to offer promos that inject a little bit of a luck factor in addition to rewarding play, but we need to understand it. In general, we'd like to be able to say, "I can average about 'x' an hour in bonus just by playing here."

As far as rakeback, you don't need it * IF * your bonuses and promos are better than playing on a site that does offer it. That's key. I admit to playing off a bonus or two on PokerRoom just because it was worthwhile and I hate that frigging site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your point and we're working on some better pages to describe what players can expect from playing on Cake.

To sum up:
Gold Card are randomly awarded at any real money ring game tables.
Once you have them, you get the following:
-Miles in the Gold Card 500 race (the bigger the Gold Card, the more miles you will win. Be in the top 10 each week for part of a $2,500 prize pool).
-Redeem your Gold Card daily in the Daily Lottery. There's cash to be won.
-Redeem your Gold Card weekly in the Giveaway Tournaments. These are tournaments that require a Gold Card to enter.

In the coming months, there will be more ways to use Gold Cards, to enter our - $40,000 Own a Piece of Cake tournament (where I suspect only 10 players will be entered).

Gold Cards do not fit nicely into a PT +EV calculation. They're a gamble inside the game itself. Do you blow a 3 of Spades card in a tournament and get $40 for winning a Giveaway Tournament (a prize you'll NEVER see for the Daily Lottery for a 3 of Spades). Do you redeem your 8 of diamonds for $45 today, knowing that tomorrow we might offer $55 for it?

This promotion was designed to put a meta-game on top of your poker playing experience. Folks who simply want to clear bonuses and gain points can completely ignore this promo if they choose. =)

Doug
Old 09-26-2006, 09:43 PM

Thing is with these places, you get a big reload, but when you sign in there are about 11 people playing on 3 tables.

Good luck working off that $500. 90 days or not.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:30 AM

yea. the site is cool, but the player base is not there to clear this IMO
Old 09-27-2006, 09:20 AM

Agreed, plus retarded name!