Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 05:58 PM

Default Mat, David, Mason...where are you?

There should be something on the front page.

Nobody will post here if we can't play cards...

You won't get much traffic if we can't play cards...

You won't sell many books either.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:17 PM

Default You misspelled \"Sklansky\"

You left out David Sklansky.

The answer I suppose is they are too busy counting their money to understand what being a leader is all about.

Witness Mason's absurd comments that folks shouldn't support the PPA until they lay out in public all sorts of details regarding their lobbying strategy, including names of Senators they're dealing with (sheesh!). As an undoubtedly powerful media tool, 2+2 should be in the front lines defending the game and attacking these fundamental assaults on our freedom. Instead we get little mouse turds thrown in front of those in the US are are in fact fighting the good fight.

Or perhaps M,D,and S are part of the blue-nosed anti-freedom brigades that have taken over our government and are happy with these assaults on good sense. Which is their right of course. Can't tell much one way or the other despite the existence of this wonderful media organ they have in their hands. Time to push all in gents, or fold meekly and limp into the money.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:29 PM

Default Re: You misspelled \"Sklansky\"

I understand that 2p2 has always been relunctant to take sides on anything, but isn't this one area where I just don't get it. Who are you trying to avoid pissing off? Then Mason attacks the PPA and tells people not to call their senators. Regardless of the PPA's operational flaws, they are doing something. I just don't get it. Have a nice lunch Mason.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:35 PM

Agreed, I really would have expected more out of twoplustwo (the company)
Old 09-15-2006, 08:43 PM

I'll be real honest, for a company that supports both online poker and poker in general and profits greatly from players of both, their apathy is quite shocking. Some 2+2 authors have come out against the PPA since the PPA doesn't publically state everything they do. Thats their choice, but the PPA is all we have atm.

2+2 has a strong voice in the poker community and it has been silent about the bills being passed through congress. Given their position, I feel that this is extemely irresponsible of them. Other poker forum operators and publishers have used their voice, why is 2+2 silent? You don't have to support the PPA, but sitting and doing nothing is worse.

edit: Let me add, that just because you have created these forums, doesn't mean you have done anything. By creating these forums, you have created a voice. Sadly you have failed to use that voice.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some 2+2 authors have come out against the PPA since the PPA doesn't publically state everything they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell, they don't state anything they do. I could understand them not stating everything, but I have virtually no idea what they do and we won't support them until that changes, and they need to do this publicly.

MM
Old 09-16-2006, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then Mason attacks the PPA and tells people not to call their senators. Regardless of the PPA's operational flaws, they are doing something. I just don't get it. Have a nice lunch Mason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never told people not to call their senators.

I'm also not sure the PPA is doing anything. When we have challenged them to explain what exactly it is they are doing, and this includes private correspondence, they won't explain anything.

As for lunch, I enjoy it most every day.

MM
Old 09-16-2006, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm also not sure the PPA is doing anything.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

But we are sure that 2+2 is doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. At least Howard Lederer, Chris Ferguson the PPA and others got off their butts and went to capitol hill and tried. Malmouth, Sklansky, Miller and the other honchos of this site do nothing. They don't give a damn, they just sit back and collect their book royalties, they already have enough money to retire so it doesn't matter to them if online poker is banned or not.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

it doesn't matter to them if online poker is banned or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say this is almost surely not true. I, as well, would like to see them, at least publicly, more pro-active, but your statements are way too definite.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm also not sure the PPA is doing anything.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

But we are sure that 2+2 is doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. At least Howard Lederer, Chris Ferguson the PPA and others got off their butts and went to capitol hill and tried. Malmouth, Sklansky, Miller and the other honchos of this site do nothing. They don't give a damn, they just sit back and collect their book royalties, they already have enough money to retire so it doesn't matter to them if online poker is banned or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant help but agree with some of this. it truly does seem that the people who have a financial interest in online poker are there helping out.(lederer, ferguson,-fulltilt.)
i suppose if the 2+2 authors had a big holding in a poker site, they would be on the front lines also