No reads, new table.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) TightPoker converter

linuxrocks ($48)
BB ($48.70)
UTG ($47)
MP ($36.85)
CO ($55.05)
Button ($123.25)

Preflop: linuxrocks is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, linuxrocks completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
linuxrocks checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2</font>, CO folds, Button calls $2, linuxrocks calls $2, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($9) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">linuxrocks ??</font>

The guy surely seems to have an Q, c/r all-in or bet or c/c ?
Old 09-05-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Lost on the turn, plan ?

c/c
Old 09-05-2006, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

Why ?
Old 09-05-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

Why ?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c its not a good idea to push players off any pair, let alone top pair. And if we hit, pretty much all our outs are deceptive, so we have really good implied odds
Old 09-05-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

Why ?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c its not a good idea to push players off any pair, let alone top pair. And if we hit, pretty much all our outs are deceptive, so we have really good implied odds

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, makes sense. What if he bets too much ? Shouldn't we try to price ourself with a small bet ? The hand went like this

linuxrocks ($48)
BB ($48.70)
UTG ($47)
MP ($36.85)
CO ($55.05)
Button ($123.25)

Preflop: linuxrocks is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, linuxrocks completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
linuxrocks checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2</font>, CO folds, Button calls $2, linuxrocks calls $2, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($9) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">linuxrocks bets $6.5</font>, MP calls $6.50, Button folds.

River: ($22) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">linuxrocks checks</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets to $20 </font>, linuxrocks folds.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

Why ?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, makes sense. What if he bets too much ? Shouldn't we try to price ourself with a small bet ? The hand went like this

linuxrocks ($48)
BB ($48.70)
UTG ($47)
MP ($36.85)
CO ($55.05)
Button ($123.25)

<font color="#CC3333">linuxrocks bets $6.5</font>, MP calls $6.50, Button folds.

River: ($22) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">linuxrocks checks</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets to $20 </font>, linuxrocks folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

river action in this HH is clearly doctored.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:06 PM

c/c most definitely you have no reason to bet as you maximize your profit from this hand by keeping people in the pot and seeing the river as cheaply as possible.

Only a madman would c/rai
Old 09-05-2006, 02:30 PM

I dont know, maybe c/r-ing this turn isn't a good play against an unknown.

I would tend to do it for a few reasons. 1) I think we have decent fold equity vs. a player with basic hand reading ability. c/c-c/r is a fairly strong line. I think vs a hand like QT, we might have decent FE (again, maybe i'm wrong).

2)our hand is disguised and a c/r on the turn enables us for an easy river shove if we hit.

Just throwing some alternate lines out there. c/c might be best, but i probably c/r this turn 50/50 here.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:44 PM

Raise preflop to $4 to steal from the limpers.

If you get called, bet your normal cb amount (3/4 pot or full pot, whatever you do usually for a post flop cb).

If you get called, I think a second barrel on this turn is worth it for a pot-sized bet. At this point, you may be pot-committed if you get raised by somebody slowplaying a set. It would depend on the size of the pot relative to your remaining stack size.

If you get called on the second barrel and river a blank, bluff at the river. The amount of the bluff would depend on the size of your remaining stack. If you've come this far, it's probalby all-in on the end. You might be up against a higher draw and you don't want to lose to A-high (diamonds).

I've lost a few pots with this line, but won some too. I like to steal from limpers occasionally with a suited connector or semi-connector. If I get called, I'll play draws fast, but give up after one cb if I don't even have a draw.

Anybody else take a line like this one?
Old 09-05-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop to $4 to steal from the limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure ? This is not 0.5/1, this is 0.25/0.5. I don't like playing ATo OOP. Most of the limpers will just call and puts us in a bad position.

[ QUOTE ]
If you get called, bet your normal cb amount (3/4 pot or full pot, whatever you do usually for a post flop cb).

If you get called, I think a second barrel on this turn is worth it for a pot-sized bet. At this point, you may be pot-committed if you get raised by somebody slowplaying a set. It would depend on the size of the pot relative to your remaining stack size.

If you get called on the second barrel and river a blank, bluff at the river. The amount of the bluff would depend on the size of your remaining stack. If you've come this far, it's probalby all-in on the end. You might be up against a higher draw and you don't want to lose to A-high (diamonds).

I've lost a few pots with this line, but won some too. I like to steal from limpers occasionally with a suited connector or semi-connector. If I get called, I'll play draws fast, but give up after one cb if I don't even have a draw.

Anybody else take a line like this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why are firing so fast OOP. If we hit hard like this, it's fine, otherwise you have got to re-think your strategy.