Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 03:56 AM

Default what the...

from the 5/10 horse game first time against villian

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.80 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (5.40 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (7.40 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.40 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___raises
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets Hero then does ???

Total pot: (13.40 BB)

I got confused on his river raise just what in the heck he started with to call that all the way down and magically go crazy on the river.

My question is if a reraise the best play here on the river or a flat call.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:01 AM

Default Re: what the...

Easy reraise it would seem.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:12 AM

Default okay more indepth questions

1. What is your range for reraising this on the river? If the As is the 8s do you reraise--how about a Qs?

2. Just what in the heck does villian have (and in the hole)? (and more importantly what would you put him on)

I'll post my thoughts tomorrow--I need sleep right now lol.

I didn't notice villian getting out of line in the other games.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Re: okay more indepth questions

I would three-bet with any old flush. Hard to say what the other guy has, but I'll guess he backed into a wheel.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:29 PM

Default Re: okay more indepth questions

Two possibilities: He thinks you have a pair of Aces and he's made Queens-up, or he thinks you have Aces-up and he caught trip Queens. I would re-raise with any 5-card hand. Maybe he stumbled all that way to make an A-Q flush, and if so, you've got a live one.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:40 AM

Default my analysis

I was completely confused on what he could call on fifth and sixth I was thinking either he just made a boat with queens up or a flush of some kind (or possibly hit trips--but not as likely). I knew he wasn't bluffing this river which led to my mistake of a flat call in this hand. I was pretty sure when I did it I probably should have reraised it but I'm a donkey sometimes.

He called me all the way down with ace queen jack high no flush potential and did backdoor his wheel like andy said. I was very surprised as that was the first hand I had seen anything out of line so I assumed he was a reasonable player (another monster leak in my game) Only thing he can beat is what I had and I easily could have had aces or aces up already and even what I had was still a good fav over him.

I'm too used to lower stakes where they usually have a full house when they do that which is obviously a leak here I need to fix immediately. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:20 AM

Default Re: my analysis

If he has a full house, you'll have a low and take that half of the pot. Reraise.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:41 PM

Reraise, Its doubtful he's got three perfect cards underneath. Like the others say, he probably thinks you're betting A's.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:29 PM

Since you can't go all in I would just 3 bet and call the cap if it comes.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
go all in

[/ QUOTE ]

This idiot probably ended up with something ridiculous like trip deuces, make him pay for it.