Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 01:35 AM

Default datamining for paradise poker?

are there any datamining softwares for paradise out yet? every programmer seem to focus on that crappy party poker, and yet there are allready several programs like this out there, if anyone could make such a thing for paradise I would be the first to buy it, how hard can it be?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:45 AM

Default Re: datamining for paradise poker?

There is generally 5 times as many players on PP so someone would need to consider the potential customer base for such a product. Maybe there's a technical reason why people write various programs for PP vs Poker Stars, Paradise, etc.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:27 AM

I have asked the same thing. No-one has yet come up with a data mining application for Paradise.
It seems it is rather difficult to 'grab' hands at Paradise, since there isn't even a way to get your own played hands without e-mailing them for the HHs right now.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:32 AM

Reading threads like this one REALLY makes me a little agitated. Why? Let me tell you why. Many, many, months ago I wrote a miner for Paradise. After completing a working beta I also wrote a little doc for the package, and wrapped up my source-code with the binaries and posted a notice on more than one site.

No one seemed to really care, and the last I remember my server showed about a total of six whopping downloads (and for all I know half of them were probably from the same person). Data-mining maybe wasn’t as popular as it is now so that could have something to do with it. However, I find it strange that trying to release a miner for free ended in no one giving a damn for my efforts, but if I had decided to charge a fortune for it, I don’t doubt EVERYONE would just have HAD to have it.

People are strange.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, my HD has been through a couple formats since then and while I thought I had that project backed up, I can not seem to find it. I also dropped my old hosting server so that settles that. There may be an off-set chance someone still has the file ParaMine_1_2.zip but I can not find anything on Google or other engines.

It is a remote chance, but if anyone reading this happens to still have a copy I would much appreciate it if I could have a copy of my own program back, thank you in advance.

I really do NOT want to have to re-start coding it a second time, and have no interest anymore in doing so. I have a few other poker network utilities and PT plug-ins that I am working on at the moment and just don’t have much time to spare.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:26 PM

Red I would definetly pay you for this app.if you could replicate it again somehow.

I never saw Paramine mentioned in this or any other forum [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2006, 08:52 PM

I am sorry to hear that, but I have no idea when you made this, poker has grown alot recently and it is possible it would be a goldmine for you now, who knows? if you had it I would certanly buy an ex from you.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:36 AM

Just on the offchance Red Diamond is still about...
Old 08-14-2006, 08:45 PM

well, you think that is smart but it isn't, it's dumb, why make a software for a site when you (know) you get competition from atleast 5 other simular software designs, than instead do it where you don't get any competition from other programmers at all? oh, and did I mention that I also hate Party Poker