Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2006, 03:31 AM

Default AQo - Top Two vs. Maniac et al.

So we had a new maniac at the table tonight. He claimed it was his first time ever playing (although some small mannerisms seemed to make that unlikely). His VPIP was approximately 100%. (at least, I never saw him fold a hand!) But he'd rarely raise preflop. He would seemingly pull random aggression stunts postflop every now and then, sometimes with hands, sometimes without, and was impossible to read, so it was mainly betting and raising on the strength of your own hand, or calling down with any pair if heads up.

I find myself in a 4 way pot here with top two pair, and he starts all his raising war stuff. Basically, my desire is to do everything that I can to get it heads up, and/or charge the other two players who are drawing as much as possible, but how far do you go here to accomplish these goals?

Live 10/20 game - very loose/very aggressive, most pots 5-7 people, about half of them raised preflop, and almost every flop is getting a raise from somewhere (lots of people seem to know how to protect middle pair on a flop of low cards, or pump good draws, that kind of aggression.) It was definitely a fast paced action table.

Reads:
UTG - TAG, he's a very good player that I play against regularly, a little bit too tight at times, and a little bit too passive at times, but other than that he's pretty rock solid strategy wise.
UTG+2 - Maniac, extremely loose/semi-aggressive, he loved to bluff raise, I'd seen him raise and cap a Q93 rainbow flop with A2o, he raised 6 limpers form his BB with 62s once, and he had been caught bluff raising the river a couple of times. But he was up overall for the night, since when he did get lucky and catch a hand, noone believed him and he'd rake in a huge pot
SB - TAGgy, a little bit looser than normal ( things like open raising A9o from UTG+2) but solid for the most part, but he was a call down junkie with weak hands that he should know are beat.

(Note: I had been raising preflop a whole ton, so the preflop check was to change things up for deception purposes)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero checks

Flop: <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 4 SB)</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, SB calls

Turn: <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 10 BB)</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">SB folds</font>, <font color="purple">Hero . . . throws in another raise for value? and to see if UTG folds? or decides to slow down?</font>
Old 08-12-2006, 03:36 AM

Default Re: AQo - Top Two vs. Maniac et al.

Maniac is probably raising because the board is now paired. I think you can go ahead and 3-bet this turn. Charge UTG to see another card. River the club queen.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:42 AM

im putting in one more raise and then calling down if pressure continues
Old 08-12-2006, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im putting in one more raise and then calling down if pressure continues

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. And I appreciate the very thorough reads, by the way.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. And I appreciate the very thorough reads, by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always like to try and provide as much information as I had when I was there! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2006, 08:25 AM

seems like an easy 3bet sierra.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:22 AM

*grunching*

I say you raise the turn for value, since you probably have UTG beat and UTG+2 could hold pretty much anything (Ax, Qx, 7x for trips).
Old 08-12-2006, 11:24 AM

Not to be nitty, but why no pfr?
Old 08-12-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to be nitty, but why no pfr?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the last 20 hands or so, I had probably raised preflop about 8-10 times. And played in maybe 12-14 of the hands. I was running hot, winning a fair bit, pushing around the table, was starting to get a bit tired, and was still stacking my chips from last hand!

I guess I just decided to take a break!

And I agree - this should be a preflop raise 99.9999% of the time!
Old 08-12-2006, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and was still stacking my chips from last hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the chip stacking tell mike caro, thanks