Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 05:20 PM

Default Suited fun in the BB

Relatively early in the session, so no real reads, although MP1 has appeared quite tight preflop and has been rather fit or fold postflop.

Looking for a line check. At first, I was happy with how I played this hand, but looking at it now, I think I should've check/raised the flop to give MP1 a chance to fold then, rather than allowing him to hang around to the turn. Does that seem reasonable, or was I ok the first time, or should I be doing something completely different?

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 08-10-2006, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Suited fun in the BB

Yeah, I think check-raising this flop is appropriate. Playing the pot heads-up with TP and a gutshot against someone who could be c-betting is definitely attractive. Plus, as you, say folding out MP1 and not giving him a look at the turn, especially with such a vulnerable top pair is sound. If MP3 3-bets, I think I go into calldown mode unless I hit the gutter.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:39 PM

uhh fold preflop(woulda called mabye with 89 or with 2 more callers) and if you did call i woulda raised the bet on the flop. after that the hand woulda completed changed from what really happend.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:43 PM

Preflop is fine but c/r the flop. The problem with your line is that you lose more when he has an overpair and win less when he's willing to check behind AK on the turn.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:53 PM

preflop is fine risking reraiase and utter domination? ??granted i dont know much about pf equity. but lets say you do hit a pair(which he did) youll still have to tread lightly out of postion and get draw out quite easily. its fortunate to get a bettor with that field of people in the hand that doesnt already have you beat. am i right or what

not to mention you can bring up the marginal about of pf equity he has maybe. but pf equity is based on how your hand will hold up on the river. so the lower your cards are the less likely you are the think your hand is best when it is giving up pretty much yoru rivered two pairs and trips. so really youll have - ev since unless you flop your hand youll have to let it go. of course the f draw woudl be diff but how ofton does that happen.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:02 PM

There is a remote chance it gets limp-reraised, not enough to making calling unprofitable. Just because there is one pre-flop raise, doesn't mean we are facing an overpair. Let's see a flop.

I c/r this flop &amp; take it from there.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:08 PM

id like to hear what wookie man would do there
"playin bad hands out of position is one of the biggest mistakes"

you are kidding me. sb unraised and obvious call. bb raised with 3 opponents and you are all givng your money away about .35 cents at a time
talk to when when you have 5 oppents
Old 08-10-2006, 06:07 PM

Dude this is an obvious call PF. Look at your pot odds, not just your equity.

s00t3d c0nn3t0rz r0x my s0x
Old 08-10-2006, 05:50 PM

Bet the flop. Check/raise once the action goes as it did. The turn check/raise is pretty bad.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:25 PM

I would check/raise this flop. Your hand is currently very vulnerable if it is best. Not only is a c/r most likely to chase out SB, but if MP3 3-bets you, you can be pretty sure you are up against an overpair.

Turn: Since you called the flop, check raise is good here.

Of course the river lead is fine as well.