Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 10:55 AM

Default Tiltware relocating to Ireland...

Sorry, if this is in the wrong forum. If it belongs in the "Poker Legislation" or "Suspenders & Bras" or whichever forum, please move it there.

I just accidentally stumbled upon the news that the company behind Full Tilt, Tiltware, is relocating to Dublin, Ireland. I only got news of it, because my recruitment agent is forwarding my CV to them.

Now, if Tiltware is making this move I get this creeping feeling that they know something we don't know. This is starting to look sombre for the future of online poker in the US...

Any thoughts?
Old 08-08-2006, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Tiltware relocating to Ireland...

It is a good move on the part of TiltWare LLC. They are just planning ahead.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:16 AM

Yeah, i think this came out about 3 months ago. Apparently Howard Lederer is moving over here too.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:42 AM

This is good for swedish players, as we now wont have to pay taxes for our winnings at that site. Dunno about other europeans though.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is good for swedish players, as we now wont have to pay taxes for our winnings at that site. Dunno about other europeans though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they will ship us stuff from the store now?
Old 08-08-2006, 12:16 PM

Don't read too far into it. Ireland's economy is growing like crazy and the business climate is very favorable.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is a good move on the part of TiltWare LLC. They are just planning ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their old website (tiltware.com) is gone.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:27 PM

Macau is now bigger than Vegas. If they can solve the legal and marketing issues in china *shivers* I will be one happy bunny.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, if this is in the wrong forum. If it belongs in the "Poker Legislation" or "Suspenders & Bras" or whichever forum, please move it there.

I just accidentally stumbled upon the news that the company behind Full Tilt, Tiltware, is relocating to Dublin, Ireland. I only got news of it, because my recruitment agent is forwarding my CV to them.

Now, if Tiltware is making this move I get this creeping feeling that they know something we don't know. This is starting to look sombre for the future of online poker in the US...

Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

TiltWare really has no choice but to get out of the U.S. in order not to be caught flat-footed if and when anti-online gaming legislation were to become law in the U.S.

TiltWare has only begun its marketing efforts in Europe (Germany, UK), and TiltWare currently has no presence in East Asia, particularly the Chinese-speaking markets (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Macau), which are expected to be the hot battle grounds in the next 36 months.

The U.S. market ultimately may not even be MATERIAL to the online poker industry. Why not? Because the China market is 4 times the size of the U.S. market.

Efforts are underway by a number of heavy-hitters, including the WPTE-MGM MIRAGE-Ho family alliance, to lobby the Chinese government for explicit licenses to operate online poker businesses in Mainland China.

Whoever controls the online poker market in China is expected to control at least 50%, or not closer to 75%, of the online poker and TV poker business by the year 2015.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The U.S. market ultimately may not even be MATERIAL to the online poker industry. Why not? Because the China market is 4 times the size of the U.S. market.

[/ QUOTE ]

China may or may not ever amount to anything in the online poker world. yeah there are a billion people there, but most are dirt poor, have no credit cards, and most have never heard of poker. successfully convincing them that texas hold em is what they should be doing may or may not ever happen.