Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 07:45 AM

Default £1/2 - KQo faces 3-bet oop, top pair on flop WA/WB?

Button in this hand is a good Tag, but not too aggressive postflop. I don't think he is capable of bluffraising anything, and will probably fold A high to a bet on the river. His stats are somewhere along the line of 28/16

Is this an ok spot for a WA/WB oop line?

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 2 players)
Old 08-03-2006, 07:48 AM

Default Re: £1/2 - KQo faces 3-bet oop, top pair on flop WA/WB?

No. Bet or c/r the flop and call down any further aggression.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:09 AM

What are the advantages of betting this flop instead of check-calling? (He's cont. betting this flop every time)
Old 08-03-2006, 09:41 AM

You are only behind AA/KK/AK (maybe 77), and ahead of a lot more of a TAG's 3-betting range, so I wouldn't go into WA/WB mode just yet. I would check/raise the flop. I don't think donking the flop accomplishes anything good.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:21 PM

Huh? If this isn't WA/WB, I don't know what is. AA, KK, and AK are 14 hands, QQ-TT are 15 hands. QQ-TT fold to a c/r, but might bet the turn for us. Eh, I suppose given his stats we add a few more hands. AQ is 12 more hands (again only 3 outs). We're likely to be winning here, but giving our opponent cheap cards isn't a big deal, given how few outs he has. And we benefit by keeping him betting at us.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:38 PM

I think a TAG's 3-betting range from the button is a lot wider: 77+/A9s+/AJ+/KJs+/KQ. I am mostly basing this off of the nifty 2p2 sh chart, but also because I'm about 22/16, and I'm 3-betting a lot more than TT+/AQ+ from the button with an MP opener.

So, I think hero is ahead most of the time. I understand your point about extracting value from weaker hands, and that c/r'ing the flop would allow villain to get away from the hand too easy. But, hero is OOP, and I can't think of a better line right now.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are only behind AA/KK/AK (maybe 77), and ahead of a lot more of a TAG's 3-betting range, so I wouldn't go into WA/WB mode just yet. I would check/raise the flop. I don't think donking the flop accomplishes anything good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this statement, you are likely way/ahead here so checkraise this flop. Nobody folds a lower pocket pair here, so you get tons of value everytime youre ahead.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody folds a lower pocket pair here,

[/ QUOTE ]

Good TAGs do. I agree w/Wookie that this is a classic WA/WB situatuion.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody folds a lower pocket pair here,

[/ QUOTE ]

Good TAGs do. I agree w/Wookie that this is a classic WA/WB situatuion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with Wookie. If this were a 10 handed table, and the the hero had raised from early position and got 3bet by a good player, then yes this would be a classic WA/WB situation, and check/calling down and maybe donking the river depending how straight forward our opponent is will usually be the best line. In a six max game where the hero is opening from the HJ and getting 3bet by the BTN, a whole different dynamic is taking place. Nobody trusts anyone in this game texture, and I promise you that even a good tag is not folding 88 to a checkraise on a K72 flush draw board unless he has a very good line on the heros play.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:24 PM

Against most TAGs my 3-bet range in this position is quite high.

I seriously think a flop c/r can twist Villain's arm into calling down with an underpair. Problem with the c/c,c/c,c or b/f line right now is Villain is going to be taking a lot of free cards on the turn that he would have called down with. We miss out on 1.5BB in this instances and let him value bet us to death when he's ahead of us.

Put me in the flop c/r camp.

-Caddy