Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 12:20 PM

Default Haven\'t seen a good playalong for a while...sooted one-gap

I also haven't seen a hand of Hold 'Em in about a month. Just signed up at H'wood, tho, having been kicked out of Euro and bailed out of Party, so I thought I'd clear the signup bonus with HE instead of O8.

No reads at all. The table had been full, I sat in the first available seat, the two seats to my left emptied and people sat in them, that's how I come to be posting in MP2. I figured that as long as ONE of the guys to my left posted as well, it was worth it.

So, let's get to it. The first decision is going to be easy for most vets, what do you n00bs think?

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Asterix The Gaul is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Asterix posts a blind of $1. MP3 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Asterix (poster) ?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Haven\'t seen a good playalong for a while...sooted one-gap

easiest check ever [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2006, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well, my LAG nature wouldn't let me get away with that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I raised: if UTG were any good he'd have raised anything he'd limp with 3 posters in the hand and I've got a hand that should play pretty well multi-way, that isn't in danger of being dominated, etc, etc. It will also be easy to get away from if I miss.

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Asterix The Gaul is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Asterix The Gaul posts a blind of $1. MP3 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Asterix The Gaul (poster) raises</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Asterix ?

Then MP3 peed in my Cheerios. What now?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:52 PM

Are you playing yourself here? I suppose this guy could have a hand, or he could have seen all the dead money in and is trying to resteal. I doubt this is the shortest playalong since that 72o UTG hand so I'd say call. I don't think capping gets you anything.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:21 PM

Word, fellas:

I raise this crap PF as well. After the 3-bet, I put on Dashboard Confessional and cry. No, just kidding, I actually call. As for t3h flopz: I bet out here. Is this not the truly l33t play?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:53 PM

preflop after the 3-bet is obviously a call and not a cap or fold...
Old 08-02-2006, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop after the 3-bet is obviously a call and not a cap or fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles, my read on Boz is that he capped the flop and check-raised the turn to scare CO... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well, my LAG nature wouldn't let me get away with that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I raised: if UTG were any good he'd have raised anything he'd limp with 3 posters in the hand and I've got a hand that should play pretty well multi-way, that isn't in danger of being dominated, etc, etc. It will also be easy to get away from if I miss.

Preflop: Asterix The Gaul is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Asterix The Gaul posts a blind of $1. MP3 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Asterix The Gaul (poster) raises</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Asterix ?

Then MP3 peed in my Cheerios. What now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf is up with the raise? Anyway, I call and try to close the action.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wtf is up with the raise? Anyway, I call and try to close the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, I thought I explained the thinking behind the raise. Feel free to disagree, but asking what I was doing when I already told you makes me think you didn't read my post [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Anyway, I agree with everyone that after the 3-bet it's a call, and did so. Now what?

Preflop: Asterix The Gaul is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Asterix posts a blind of $1. MP3 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Asterix (poster) raises</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Asterix calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Asterix ?

(This will be picked back up in a couple of hours. This may be the most interesting decision in a hand that has a couple in it.)
Old 08-02-2006, 01:21 PM

i used to always check this flop, but recently i've found that people cant resist continuing their preflop aggression on the flop. so i donk it up.