Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 09:37 AM

Default Yet Again Stars Shows It\'s Superiority

Just got an email from stars about a player survey. And they give 300FPP for completing it. Did everyone get this or is it account specific?

This paired with Lee Jones posting here and sitting at tables on stars yesterday really make me think that stars cares way more about players than any other site.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Yet Again Stars Shows It\'s Superiority

wow, 300 whole FPP to do marketing research that is worth tens of thousands of dollars to them, if not more. What a steal.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:23 AM

I could care less about the 300 FPP. The fact is that they are actively trying to improve their site and keep their players happy. Unlike most (if not all) of the other sites out there.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:35 AM

I got this as well, and I would have been happy to do it even for 0 FPP. It took no more than 2 minutes.

Contributing to market research in the competitive online poker industry seems to generally be a win-win proposition for both parties. If my participation helps provide a poker site with a better overview of its marketing goals, then the site's marketing improves, more new players join the site as a result, and I benefit from that.

And, like many others, I dream of the day that Stars surpasses Party in cash game traffic and fishiness and will do anything within my own power to make that dream a reality.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:13 PM

I agree that stars programs are too heavily balanced toward the large $ players. They need to give the small buyin players a break too. but...

Any comments about stars software or customer service not being up to snuff must be written by somebody from party. Thats pure BS.

I have never written a note, suggestion, complaint, or etc to stars support that was not promptly and reasonably answered. And if they have a survey, answer it. I guarantee that they read them. They aren't just sending out e-mail to make it look like they are pacifying players or create a large stack of unread paper. They do follow up.

Doc, Happy Stars player.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:53 AM

Party took over from paradise as the big dog years ago just before pokerstars came out.Paradise at the time was by far the best site with best software but insisted on not coming out with multi tourneys.Party took advantage of this and along with the party poker million which was a huge success.Along with their affiliate program,skins and constant bonus promotion they completely took off from everyone.Pokerstars has made huge strides and have really targeted partys weaknesses by making better software,better customer service,better fpp etc.-but it still hasnt been enough.In the last month Ive gone back to playing paradise and have really enjoyed the better software and stars is agruably better than paradise.When I run party at the same time -my computer slows right down almost to a halt-but if I close party I have no problems.This monster promotion sucks and I have had to deal with party support this past 2 weeks and it has been a complete nightmare.But the bottom line is even with all this party still is the best site and I continue to play there cause they have the most and best games on the net.

PS -I never was sent a survey from stars.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could care less about the 300 FPP. The fact is that they are actively trying to improve their site and keep their players happy. Unlike most (if not all) of the other sites out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

surveys are very common. Stars is a well run site, but that's not because they send out surveys.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:32 AM

If Stars is so great and Party sucks so much, why does Party have tens of thousands more players every night?

Stars have made some pretty poor business decisions, and their software interface isn't as good as Party's.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:34 AM

Stars: No rakeback, no deposit bonus (OK, there was a pathetic one a month or so ago), promotions too focused on v. high volume players (i.e. needing to be 'supernova' to get a decent amount of rake back). Fewer fish than Party. Little reason to play there for low-volume players IMO.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Stars is so great and Party sucks so much, why does Party have tens of thousands more players every night?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party got off to a bigger start, but stars is catching up and if things keep going the way they are stars will surpass Party.

[ QUOTE ]
their software interface isn't as good as Party's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on crack? Party has the butt-ugliest most user-unfreindly software on the web today.