Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2006, 10:35 PM

Default Has the US gone communist yet? It\'s hard to tell.

Step #1
Place an oil lobbyist as the chief of staff for the White House Council on Environmental Quality. Have him edit the work of scientists. Anything regarding climate change must be heavily edited.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4075986.stm

Step #2
Suppress the voice of scientists - Hansen, who heads NASA's Goddard Institute, is highly respected by just about EVERY SCIENTIST ON THE PLANET.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1415985.shtml

Step #3
"Eliminat[e] virtually all scientific research funded by NASA" <--- Quote from Congressman John Culberson, cosigned by many Senators and congressmen.
http://www.space.com/media/pdf/culberson_letter.pdf

Step #4
Remove the part in bold from NASA's motto “To understand and protect our home planet; to explore the universe and search for life; to inspire the next generation of explorers ... as only NASA can.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/22/scienc...nyt&emc=rss

FYI: I left out a lot of steps to keep this simple for the "plain" folk.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Has the US gone communist yet? It\'s hard to tell.

1. I guess the BBC enjoys parsing words as much as Clinton. Lets see the entire papers before and after and see if anything meaning was distorted.

2. If Hansen is being inappropriately censored, he should quit, not whine about it.

3. This has no mention of anything having to do with what appears to be your theme that there is a conspiracy afoot to bury evidence of global warming.

4. So a phrase that was added in a Bush administration was deleted in a Bush administration, so what?

5. WTF does any of this have to do with communism?
Old 07-21-2006, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
inistration was deleted in a Bush administration, so what?

[/ QUOTE ]

People associate Stalin USSR and today's China with being marxist communist.

So substitute Communist with Totalitarian, and that's what he was trying to get at.

And no, although I do think that presidential power is increasing, although it's not nearly at the level it was before the early 1970s.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I guess the BBC enjoys parsing words as much as Clinton. Lets see the entire papers before and after and see if anything meaning was distorted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well here is one part:
http://www.aip.org/history/climate/xCooney.htm

BTW, he did resign after this story broke. Still who the hell hires an oil lobbyist as chairman of the whitehouse Environmental council?

[ QUOTE ]
2. If Hansen is being inappropriately censored, he should quit, not whine about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about every other scientist? Maybe you missed the 9,500+ long petition.

http://www.ucsusa.org/scientific_int...statement.html

When scientific knowledge has been found to be in conflict with its political goals, the administration has often manipulated the process through which science enters into its decisions. This has been done by placing people who are professionally unqualified or who have clear conflicts of interest in official posts and on scientific advisory committees; by disbanding existing advisory committees; by censoring and suppressing reports by the government’s own scientists; and by simply not seeking independent scientific advice. Other administrations have, on occasion, engaged in such practices, but not so systematically nor on so wide a front.

[ QUOTE ]
3. This has no mention of anything having to do with what appears to be your theme that there is a conspiracy afoot to bury evidence of global warming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I really have to explain this one to you? What part of "Eliminat[e] virtually all scientific research funded by NASA" do you not understand?

[ QUOTE ]
4. So a phrase that was added in a Bush administration was deleted in a Bush administration, so what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, lots of mottos, signs, scientific research, and even websites are changed in China. It's no big deal.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 07-22-2006, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Btw, Rick Piltz and many others have resigned. Watch the video here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1415985.shtml

It even talks about their edits.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF does any of this have to do with communism?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah really. You're thinking of fascism silly!
Old 07-22-2006, 12:34 AM

Sometimes I thimk it is getting close. My dad always says that Nikita Khruschev (former Soviet Premier) was a prophet. Evidently he predicted that USA Americans would one day live under Communism. My Dad likes to point out that he never said it would be CALLED Communism, just that we would live under it.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I thimk it is getting close. My dad always says that Nikita Khruschev (former Soviet Premier) was a prophet. Evidently he predicted that USA Americans would one day live under Communism. My Dad likes to point out that he never said it would be CALLED Communism, just that we would live under it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course my Dad thought he saw Elvis at the store last week, too. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2006, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course my Dad thought he saw Elvis at the store last week, too. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And Kennedy. He saw Kennedy! He might have meant Bill Kennedy the mailman though.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My dad always says that Nikita Khruschev (former Soviet Premier) was a prophet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you were respectful and didnt correct him, even though only capitalists believe in prophets.