Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Sports Video Games: the thrill of vicotry and the agony of defeat

I have a few memories of SVG that I will always remeber. I have these against human and CPU opponents alike. What are some of OOT most memorable SVG moments.

Against Human:
I was at a party and this guy was talkign [censored] about how he could beat anyone in NCAA FB 04 now I had played about 1000 games in this SVG. He was offering a 50 bet to anyone who wanted to play so I stepped up and played him. I quickly got down 14-0 as he picked me apart and I was stopped for a 3 and out. All his buddies starting saying they wanted to bet even more against me so I ended up taking 600 bets (I had 610 dollars to my name, saved enough for a blunt). Then I proceeded to get my [censored] together and beat him 63-14 and won tons of money.

CPU:
I was playing Tecmo Super bowl at work and was down 13 points in the Superbowl with 2:30 left to go (this is like 30 seconds in TSB). I proceeded to cause a fumble, scored on the next play, held them to a 3 and out, got the ball back with about 10 seconds left and scored on a 75 yard touchdown on the last play of the game.

Agony of Defeat:
I am playing in the Superbowl in a Madden season against the Miami Dolphins. I had just made a kick to go up 3 points with just under 25 seconds left. Miami returns the kick to about their 35. They score a 65 yard touchdown on the last play of the game as they threw a pass and I missed 4 player controlled tackles, it was absolutely ridicoulous.

Lets here some of OOT's SVG stories.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Sports Video Games: the thrill of vicotry and the agony of defeat

I shot a 48 on the Old Course at St. Andrew's on Tiger Woods 2004. I thought I was the best TW player in the world.

Then I looked online, and there are guys who have a scoring average in the low 40s on that game.

So I started crying.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:25 PM

Best:

Down to UCLA late the Fighting Cougs of Washington State get the ball with seconds on the clock, complete a pass to get within field goal range and kick a 50+ yarder to win by one.

Worst:

After a dominating 162 game season, the Seattle Mariners, lead by a plucky 2nd basemen named David Harrison and star CF Andruw Jones lose in 6 in the ALCS to some lame team.

The 2nd worst doesn't really count, 'cause I wasn't any good at the game, but I blew a 4-0 lead in the 70th minute to England when Wayne Rooney caught on fire and the Dutch couldn't play defense.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:40 PM

I've got quite a few of these, all against human opposition.

Madden 2003: Down 28-0 at half against my ex-roomate, a super competitive meathead type. I storm back with the Patriots to tie the game at 28. On my final drive, I get the ball to 5 yard-line and call timeout with :01. I kick the FG, it's good, but Daniel Graham is called for holding and I don't have time to re-try. We go to OT where he wins the toss and scores.

Madden 06: Playing against another roomate, down 27-7 early in the 4th. Once again I come back and win the game on a hail mary on the final play.

Tecmo Super Bowl III: This one hurt the most primarily because 5 of us played out the entire season. I went 14-2 with the Harbaugh-Faulk Colts and earned homefield throughout the AFC playoffs. In the Divisional round, I draw my buddy Eric, who's using the Bills. All I remember about this game is the final couple plays. I'm down 1 with 20 seconds left at my opponents' 30. I've been struggling with my kicking game so I decide to run a toss to the short side of the field, hopefully catching him off-guard and picking up some yards before getting out of bounds. He snuffs out the play with his MLB and the game ends. He goes on to win the Super Bowl.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:28 PM

worst: losing 4 straight games in NHL 94 a couple weeks ago

after years of thinking I was the best player in the world, I've discovered I'm probably only top 5 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

best: before the ND/Florida St game in 1993, winning hockey for like 3 hours straight, enabling me to keep the 'good chair' in the room for the game
Old 07-20-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

after years of thinking I was the best player in the world, I've discovered I'm probably only top 5 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wtf, all my heroes are dying.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:35 PM

Best:
Beating my friend in Madden '05, 55-48 on a last second TD. Then whipping him 121-71 in the rematch.

Worst:
Same friend, he beat me in Madden '97 on a 3 yard QB Sneak with 1 second to go. Only loss I can really remember.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:37 PM

Best: coming home hammered and playing 'cowboy hockey' (no goalies) with my buddy on Sega Genesis. Lots of goals, lots of fights, and lots of giggling like school girls.

Also- playing Madden against same buddy when Randall Cunningham was a god. I would rush for 400 yards a game and it would totally piss him off.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:40 PM

I can't really remember too many, except the bad ones.

NBA Jam TE. Playing my friend who had never really played. I make a shot with like half a second left to go up by 2. On the inbounds, he throws it up from the other foul line and it goes in. I threw things.

Tecmo Super Bowl for the SNES: I had never won the Super Bowl, and I was crushing a team (I think Bills v Cowboys). I was so excited that I would finally beat the entire game. Then my dad cut the power from the basement. I threw things.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

best: before the ND/Florida St game in 1993, winning hockey for like 3 hours straight, enabling me to keep the 'good chair' in the room for the game

[/ QUOTE ]

Best: Winning the Toronto Sega Hockey 94 tournament - over 500 competitors. The finals were held at Maple Leaf Gardens and emceed by none other than Doug Gilmour himself.