Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2006, 06:03 AM

Default Israel and the Nuclear Option

Since Hezbollah is being directly supported by Iranian troops how should Israel respond to Iran? What options does Israel have?

1. Diplomacy is out of the question. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has stated that Israel should be wiped of the planet. Israel must take this seriously.
2. Due to geography Israel has no means to wage a conventional war against Iran.
3. The only option remaining is a nuclear strike on Tehran and other key military targets in Iran. Israel has put satellites in orbit so they are capable of hitting anywhere in Iran with a nuclear missile.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:24 AM

Default Re: Israel and the Nuclear Option

I agree with you on the Iran part and perhaps we can throw Syria in there as well since they are being supplied by them also?

I'm not sure if the nuclear weapon is a good idea, but couldn't an air campaign be effective?
Old 07-16-2006, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since Hezbollah is being directly supported by Iranian troops how should Israel respond to Iran? What options does Israel have?

1. Diplomacy is out of the question. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has stated that Israel should be wiped of the planet. Israel must take this seriously.
2. Due to geography Israel has no means to wage a conventional war against Iran.
3. The only option remaining is a nuclear strike on Tehran and other key military targets in Iran. Israel has put satellites in orbit so they are capable of hitting anywhere in Iran with a nuclear missile.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a chess match? Each side puts up six players and they play each of the six players from the other side twice, once as white and once as black.

Of course, if either side can walk on water, or change water to wine, well then, all bets are off and they win by default.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:22 AM

Where's the option for getting the hell out of lebanon completely and not being such a nasty and brutish country?
Old 07-16-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where's the option for getting the hell out of lebanon completely and not being such a nasty and brutish country?

[/ QUOTE ]

right, and just let hezbollah continue to fire missiles into heavily populated cities in israel. I would love to see canada launch some missiles into your neighborhood and see how you react when your government does nothing.

I am comforted by the notion that the people defending hezbollah are the dumbest members of this board.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right, and just let hezbollah continue to fire missiles into heavily populated cities in israel. I would love to see canada launch some missiles into your neighborhood and see how you react when your government does nothing.

I am comforted by the notion that the people defending hezbollah are the dumbest members of this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, they could, I dunno Attack Hezbollah instead of using the Hezbollah attack as a pretext to teach Lebanon/Syria a lesson. You see, you don't have to target power plants, roads and civilian airports if you don't want to. The US in Iraq does a much better job of this than the Israelis are doing. Here is how the US would handle this:

1. Direct fire on the rocket positions. The US has the technology to track incoming fire by radar and respond with artillery in about 20 seconds. I would be shocked if Israel didn't have this.
2. Special forces in Lebanon to find the rocket teams. This is doable, that area of Lebanon really isn't that big.
3. Utilize intel to actually find the missing soldiers.
4. Use special forces to recover the soldiers.

Isn't this a better method than an all out war?
Old 07-16-2006, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Direct fire on the rocket positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant idea, then we can have hundreds of dead civilians for you to cry about. These missiles are being launched from villages. An israeli missile could kill hundreds in a densely populated region.

Israeli is blowing up the roads and airports to limit the mobility of hezbollah and limit their ability to communicate. while it is destructive it costs only money to repair and takes less human life.

but continue with your BS talking points that totally ignore facts.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brilliant idea, then we can have hundreds of dead civilians for you to cry about. These missiles are being launched from villages.

[/ QUOTE ]
Said who? I haven't heard about this. And even if it were true, collateral damage has never stopped israel before in the West Bank and at least they would be trying to deal with the actual problem. To be honest, I would rather Israel set up the security zone again than what they are doing, although that is still a bad idea.

[ QUOTE ]
Israeli is blowing up the roads and airports to limit the mobility of hezbollah and limit their ability to communicate.

[/ QUOTE ]
These are terrorists we are talking about. They don't need the ability to move or communicate.

[ QUOTE ]
but continue with your BS talking points that totally ignore facts.

[/ QUOTE ]
My main news source is the Chicago Tribune, which is right of center. I think my only exposure to Arab news sources was when I visited al-jazeera.com once or twice a couple years back. Trust me, no one I read recommends cutting off Israel as in my first post.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:11 AM

diplomacy is never out of the question.
whoever starts that war i hope it will be punished severely.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
diplomacy is never out of the question.
whoever starts that war i hope it will be punished severely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pretty obvious that Iran, using Hizbolla as its proxy, started this war.

Stu