Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How much did you pay for all your books?
< $100 6 8.70%
$100 - $200 7 10.14%
$200 - $300 12 17.39%
$300 - $400 6 8.70%
$400 - $500 10 14.49%
>$500 15 21.74%
School is for suckers! 13 18.84%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2006, 12:10 PM

Default Do you support Israel?

I know we have a politics forum but I wanted to post this here to get as many opinions as possible.

Two questions, choose the answer that most closely resembles your feelings about this situation:
Old 07-15-2006, 12:12 PM

Default SECOND POLL QUESTION

Old 07-15-2006, 12:20 PM

Default Re: SECOND POLL QUESTION

You left out a choice in the second poll: America should get involved if Israel asks for or needs help, not specifically depending on Iran.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:20 PM

If I write a history of modern Israel, it will be called "No Good Options".
Old 07-15-2006, 12:32 PM

if i write a history of modern Israel, it will be called "Get These Motherf*cking Arabs Off This Motherf*cking Land"
Old 07-15-2006, 01:02 PM

You realize that the arabs kinda were there first? After WW2 the western countries felt so bad for the jews that they wanted to give them a country.. Seeing as the jews had religious roots in the middle east it was decided that the jews would have Isreal. No one really cared about the people who lived there before, and the jews (helped by mostly americans) fought with modern weapons against arabs for a country that was not theirs to begin with.

That is why a lot of arabs (mostly represented by palestinians these days) do not acknowledge Isreal. The arabs had been there for 2000 years before the jews kicked them out.

This could be discussed till the end of the world really, but I have one final point:
These kidnappings are an act of desperation, the arabs CANNOT engage Isreal in open war, there is no way. Ask yourself this: What would you do if you felt someone had invaded your country, made it their own and thrown you out into poverty. You would fight wouldn't you? Do anything to destroy the enemy that did that? Well they can't fight with conventional means so they have to..improvise.

Religion sucks :/

Excuse my bad english, it's not my first language.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excuse my bad english, it's not my first language.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your first language is Arabic or French?
Old 07-15-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Religion sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this really about religion?
Old 07-15-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You realize that the arabs kinda were there first? After WW2 the western countries felt so bad for the jews that they wanted to give them a country.. Seeing as the jews had religious roots in the middle east it was decided that the jews would have Isreal. No one really cared about the people who lived there before, and the jews (helped by mostly americans) fought with modern weapons against arabs for a country that was not theirs to begin with.

That is why a lot of arabs (mostly represented by palestinians these days) do not acknowledge Isreal. The arabs had been there for 2000 years before the jews kicked them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but I'm growing quite tired of this argument, people make it seem as if the Western world just rounded up all the Jews in Europe and transported them to Israel and kicked out the Arabs.

Nonsense.

The Jews claim to that land goes just as far back as the Arabs and Judaism predates Islam by a couple dozen centuries.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really really a horribly innaccurate and incomplete desciption of how Jews got to Israel.