Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 01:19 AM

Default my first 400/800 session(long)

so theres a 2/4 game going at the bellagio that looks absolutely horribe(schneids, bk, kevin j, tstonembd, senor flush, dan druff, lee salem, some other good players), so i opt to play in the 1/2 like the low limit grinder that i am since im already stuck a good 50k for the trip, and a couple of hours later, senor flush tells me that they kicked it up to 4/8 and its a good game, i look at the table, and say, who the [censored] is the action, he looks at me and says, "neverwin!"

i didnt realize who it was at first, but now i figured i had to sit, after schneids got up, i took his seat, as the only other seat available was the worst seat at the table

anyway, after bk left, the game got very, very good, i ended up playing all night till like 8 pm today and made a good 3k for the long ass session(i was up at least 25 at one point), i figured BBV might get a kick out of some of these hands:

heres one where i get trifecta'd by kevin j:

i open A9 and he calls in the BB, fop is 889, he check/raises, i call, turn is an ace, he check/raises, i call, river is a ten, he checks, i think for a minute and bet, he raises, i think for a minute and fold, later he told me he had Q8 and the fact that i folded A9 put him on tilt

then there was a 12k 1 outter:

1 horrible limper, another limper, dan druff limps and makes it apparent that he has a bad hand and dosent want to get raised, i raise KK, neverwin 3-bets in the SB, they all call, i 4 bet, everyone calls

flop is like 224 or something, neverwin check/raises, folded to me and i 3bet, he calls, turn is a 3 i think, he checks, i bet he calls, river is a nine, he check/raises, i say, "you really have 99?" and call, he shows 99, dan druff said he folded the case nine

then this was my first 20k pot:

neverwin limps UTG, some people call, a guy raises, i call in the SB with 66, BB calls, neverwin 3 bets, everyone calls

flop is K63 i think with 2 clubs, i check, neverwin bets, a really bad player who dosent speak english and gets really, really pissed when you outdraw him raises, i 3-bet, they both call, turn is a king, i bet, neverwin calls, guy raises, i 3-bet, neverwin folds what he later told me was 74o(i fully believe him as he limped UTG with it a little while later, but didnt get the chance to reraise), the guy calls, river is something, i bet, he calls, he yells "fook yoo, fook yoo" and mucks when i show(his first hand at the table he bent his cards and flipped the [censored] out because his KQ lost to dan druffs K9 on a KQT board)

there were some other fun hands, but thats all i remember for now, neverwin didnt seem to be playing too crazy aggro for the most part in the beginning(he was actually pretty passive), but once he lost a couple buy ins and had to go borrow money from someone in bobby's room he started playing like he truely didnt care

he limped in A LOT, and started spewing postflop as usual, i made a pretty big mistake when i asked to take the seat to his left after kevin j(who was sitting there) and the horrible player to my right left, as soon as i move all my chips over, neverwin turns to me and says, "that was dumb" as he threw a chip into the empty seat directly to my left

i ended up moving back to the seat i was in before and every time i was UTG, neverwin looked at me and said, "im 3-betting this hand" before the cards were dealt, if i raised, he 3-bet, every time(i think it was his button too, and dan druffs big blind)

it was really fun playing against him, but he ended up leaving after he couldnt find anyone to loan him any more money, the game was still pretty good for a while, but i stayed in it for too long after it got bad and only ended up winning 3k

also, for those wondering about pierce from my 300/600 post, he is apparently not busto, and he challenged me to a 50k HU freezeout where i get a 10% rebate, i dont really want to put up 50k on a slightly +EV coinflip, but a couple 2+2ers have offered to take pieces of me, so i may end up doing that at some point in the near future
Old 07-15-2006, 01:30 AM

Default Re: my first 400/800 session(long)

new

nice meeting you in vegas. if you need backers i can afford a $20.00 piece (no that number is not missing zeros haha).
Old 07-15-2006, 01:38 AM

nice report
Old 07-15-2006, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i fully believe him as he limped UTG with it a little while later, but didnt get the chance to reraise

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in the world would neverwin LRR with 74o, its not exactly like he has a good image.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i fully believe him as he limped UTG with it a little while later, but didnt get the chance to reraise

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in the world would neverwin LRR with 74o, its not exactly like he has a good image.

[/ QUOTE ]

the way he was playing tonight, i really dont think he was trying to make money, like he really, seriously didnt care
Old 07-15-2006, 01:49 AM

oh whoa i totally stopped reading after that hand. its pretty wild that someone could actually find people to loan him money. how is neverwin not busto?
Old 07-15-2006, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh whoa i totally stopped reading after that hand. its pretty wild that someone could actually find people to loan him money. how is neverwin not busto?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, how does he make money? From what I've heard, he can't possibly make it playing poker...
Old 07-15-2006, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, for those wondering about pierce from my 300/600 post, he is apparently not busto, and he challenged me to a 50k HU freezeout where i get a 10% rebate, i dont really want to put up 50k on a slightly +EV coinflip, but a couple 2+2ers have offered to take pieces of me, so i may end up doing that at some point in the near future

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take as much of you as you want, or I'll play it and give you any piece you want. Lemme know : )
Old 07-15-2006, 04:46 AM

whats the story with this pierce guy
Old 07-15-2006, 05:27 AM

thanks for the report