Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 11:20 PM

Default Limp/3-bet by an unknown UTG

I tend not to like threads where the villain is a complete unknown but despite much datamining I simply didn't have a history on this guy.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

What do we put him on after the limp/rr from utg? Do we put him on AA enough to have to fold somewhere? Or do we call down? Am I screaming major MUBS?

I can't help but feel like I completely butchered this hand up, so any comments welcome.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Limp/3-bet by an unknown UTG

um, no one LRRd or call/3bet in this hand.

it's okay to call down from here. you have shown a lot of strength, and he isn't backing down.

you should definitely not fold.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:58 AM

I've seen people show down some crazy hands after limp/reraising PF.... in fact, since moving up to 1/2 (a week ago), I have yet to see someone limp/reraise with AA....That said, I still just call down here.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:36 AM

Hmm, I guess the general concensus here is call down.

Villain ended up showing AA. I simply felt bad paying this off when my intuition told me this was most likely AA. But you guys are right, this limp/rr is often done with other hands as well (usually I save these instances in my notes).
Old 07-15-2006, 04:49 AM

Some douchetard limp-reraised me today when I had QQ. I was SURE he had AA. I capped with him on the flop and when he led the turn also I slowed down and just called him down. He showed 88.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some douchetard limp-reraised me today when I had QQ. I was SURE he had AA. I capped with him on the flop and when he led the turn also I slowed down and just called him down. He showed 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep some guy did that to me with 66
Old 07-15-2006, 03:18 PM

Some retard limp-reraised me today when I had AA. He didn't scare me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2006, 11:58 PM

Um, who has limp/reraised in this hand? Isn't Hero UTG? I might could see capping this flop, but probably would have played it just the way you did.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:11 AM

Wow that's extremely embarassing, I copy pasted the wrong HH from my list of KK hands in PT. Now I can't edit anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. They looked and played the same so I didn't catch it on my skim during the post preview, sorry about that :P

Here is the real hand

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG calls</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:17 AM

Hmmm...

Now you've got an interesting hand. The 3-bet on the flop seems to me like cause to slow down. You could be up against 77 or 33 played tricky-like preflop, or, as you suggested, AA. I don't think it's cause to dump your hand quite yet, though, as the pot has some size to it, there's some chance your hand is good, and you've got a couple of outs.

I'd check-call down on this one, in all likelihood.